Candy Cane Kiss Sugar Cookie Bars are soft, chewy and so delicious. They’re filled with candy cane white chocolate KISSES and topped with a creamy vanilla frosting. These festive treats are perfect to celebrate the winter holiday with!
Baking during the holidays is one of my favorite things to do. It’s so cold and chilly outside I can’t help but turn on the oven and get to whipping up the season’s most comforting sweets. And what better way to celebrate the Christmas season than with the holiday’s favorite flavor: peppermint!
These Candy Cane Kiss Sugar Cookie Bars begin with a simple sugar cookie dough, but with a slight twist. Candy Cane Hershey KISSES are finely chopped and added into the batter to give the sugar cookie bars that hint of peppermint flavor.
The batter is then evenly spread out onto a baking pan and baked to golden perfection. This means there’s no need for using multiple baking sheets and having to scoop out individual balls of dough. Yes, I know, your life just got so much easier!😉
Once cooled, the sugar cookie bars are then frosted with a simple vanilla frosting and topped with more crushed candy cane kisses for extra flavor and a little crunch!
If you’re looking for a worthy addition to your holiday baking this year, these Candy Cane Kiss Sugar Cookie Bars are sure to impress! 😀
MORE DELICIOUS COOKIE RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
The Best Sugar Cookies
Homemade Oreo Cookies
Sugar Cookie Bars
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
Candy Cane KISS Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups chopped Hershey's Candy Cane KISSES, divided
- FOR FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with foil, then spray foil lightly with non-stick spray. Set aside.In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until combined and creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until just combined.In a separate, medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture until just combined.Stir in one cup of the chopped candy cane KISSES.Press dough evenly into the pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until edges are light golden-brown. Cool completely before frosting.
- FROSTING: In a medium bowl, beat together butter, 2 cups of powdered sugar and milk until combined. Slowly add in the remaining two cups of powdered sugar until combined. Add the vanilla and salt. Beat until creamy and no lumps remain.Frost sugar cookie bars. Sprinkle the remaining chopped candy cane KISSES evenly over frosting. Cut into bars and serve. Enjoy!
4 thoughts on “Candy Cane Kiss Sugar Cookie Bars”
These look lovely–can’t wait to make them. Love your blog.
I love, love, love the candy cane kisses and I’m pretty sure I’d want to eat the whole pan of these myself!!
I made these this weekend and oh my goodness they are wonderful! They will be a regular around my house!
Hi, just found your site on yummly and am loving this recipe. I have a question, instead of candy cane kisses can i use reg. candy canes? Kisses have soy in them so I am unable to eat them. Will it change the recipe too much?