We’re hosting our Halloween party next Saturday night and I couldn’t be more excited! Kale and I have our costumes ready to go! We’re doing a couple’s costume and it’s pretty dang funny. I can’t wait to see what everyone else is dressing up as. 😀
I’m asking each family that attends the party to bring an appetizer or dessert. But I’ll be making a few goodies of my own like these CARAMEL APPLE SLICES! Slices of golden delicious apples are drenched in chocolate, caramel and really anything else your heart desires.
I added some chopped nuts to a few of ours and Halloween sprinkles too (I didn’t take any pics of those ones). They turned out so festive and fun- not to mention DELICIOUS! 🙂 Make sure you print the instructions out and make these treats soon!
Caramel Apple Slices
- 4 large golden delicious apples
- 2 (11 oz.) bags milk chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (11 oz.) bag white chocolate chips
- 1 (11 oz.) bag caramel bits
- chopped nuts
- mini chocolate chips
- Line 2 large cookie sheets with wax or parchment paper. Set aside. Wash apples with water then pat dry. Slice each apple into ½ inch slices (you should get about 4 slices per apple).
- Heat milk chocolate chips and oil in a large microwave-safe bowl until melted. About 60 seconds or so. Stir well. (CAREFUL it will obviously be hot!) Let chocolate stand just a couple minutes to cool slightly then dip each apple slice into chocolate coating both sides- let excess chocolate drip back into the bowl.
- Place coated apple slices on prepared cookie sheets for chocolate to set. You can place the apples in the fridge to set faster.
- Heat white chocolate chips and caramel bits in separate microwave-safe bowls. Drizzle each onto the apple slices then quickly top with desired toppings. Let stand until chocolate has set. Serve and enjoy!