Caramel Cream Pie is a sweet and creamy pie that is perfect for any caramel lover. This dessert is light in body and large in caramel flavor.
There are 2 kinds of people in this world, those who prefer chocolate and those who prefer caramel. I like to consider myself an equal opportunist when it comes to both, but I have some family members who will take caramel over chocolate any day of the week. My Caramel Cream Pie is such a hit with them that we’ve started to replace birthday cakes with this dessert.
This recipe is extra amazing because it’s essentially 2 desserts in 1. The base for this pie is sugar cookie dough. I’m telling you it takes this caramel dream to the next level! A thick caramel sauce and toffee bits at the base ensure that each bit is stacked full of goodness.
Caramel Cream Pie has a heavenly balance between texture and flavor. It is so light and airy, and also bold and rich on the palate. Every bite is like a little cloud packed with creamy decadence. Serve a slice of this at your next family party and watch even the chocolate lovers swoon.
DO I CHILL THE PIE BEFORE SERVING?
Yes, I recommend chilling in your fridge at least a few hours before serving.
HOW MANY DOES THE PIE SERVE?
Recipe yields 8 servings.
CAN I ADD NUTS?
Of course, try adding peanuts, cashews, or almonds as a garnish.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE YOU MAY ALSO LIKE!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie – A warm, soft, gooey chocolate chip in pie form!
Maple Pie – A creamy and luscious pie that serves a rich and sweet maple flavor straight from Canada.
Butterfinger Pie – A no-bake pie that serves up delicious Butterfinger’s in a creamy decadent pie.
Asphalt Pie – A frozen mint chocolate chip ice cream pie with an Oreo cookie crust.
Caramel Cream Pie
- 1 roll (16.5 ounces) Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 3/4 cup toffee bits, divided
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce, divided (I use the Ghirardelli brand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Let the cooke dough sit out at room temperature for about 15 minutes to slightly soften. Once dough is soft, press evenly into a 9-inch deep dish pie pan.Press 1/2 cup of the toffee bits evenly onto the dough. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let crust cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric hand-mixer. Add 1/2 cup of the caramel sauce, and beat until combined. In a medium bowl, beat the whipping cream with an electric hand-mixer; while gradually adding the granulated sugar. Continue to beat until soft peaks form. Divide the whipped cream in half. Fold one half into the cream cheese/caramel mixture. (Save the other half of whipped cream for the top of the pie.)
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the cooled sugar cookie crust; spreading out evenly. Spread remaining whipped cream over the top. Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits and drizzle with the rest of the caramel.Place in refrigerator to chill at least 3 hours before serving. Enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!