Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are decadent homemade cookie bars made with a layer of creamy cheesecake in the center. They have the perfect ratio of cheesecake to cookie dough so you get the best of both worlds!
These Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are seriously one of my favorite desserts to make. That’s thanks to these two reasons: one- they are SO easy to make despite being made from scratch and two- cheesecake and chocolate chip cookies are two of the best desserts ever. To have the two combined into one decadent dessert? Now that’s a union worth celebrating. 🙂
Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Bars starts with a thick layer of homemade cookie dough, then a creamy layer of cream cheese filling is poured over the top. To finish off, another layer of cookie dough is placed over the cream cheese layer and the bars are then baked until golden perfection.
The top layer of cookie dough produces a slightly flaky and crispy top in the oven that is to die for! Take a bite and you’ll be greeted with both sweet and salty flavors as well as the softest cookie bars you’ve ever known. These bars are so delicious and indulgent you just have to give them a try!
HOW TO MAKE CHEESECAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS
Make the cookie dough and cheesecake filling and layer them on top of one another! Yes, that’s seriously it!
For the cookie dough:
- Beat together the shortening, butter, sugars, vanilla, salt and vinegar in a bowl until creamy and combined.
- Beat in the egg, flour and baking soda.
- Mix in chocolate chips and divide the dough in half, set aside.
For the cheesecake layer:
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until combined then beat in egg and vanilla.
For the bars:
- Press half of the cookie dough into the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan evenly.
- Spread cheesecake filling over cookie dough later.
- Take the other half of the dough and form small disks from chunks of the dough.
- Place the disks over the top of the cream cheese layer as close as possible (do not have to touch)
- Bake for 28-30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Allow bars to cool then cut and serve!
CAN THE RECIPE BE DOUBLED?
Yes! By doubling the recipe you can easily serve to a bigger crowd and now fit the recipe into a 12×16 pan!
HOW LONG DO CHEESECAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS LAST?
As long as the bars are stored in an airtight container in the fridge, they can last up to 3-4 days!
HOW DO YOU SOFTEN CREAM CHEESE?
You can soften cream cheese one of two ways:
Microwave: place the unwrapped cream cheese into a microwave safe bowl and heat up for 10-15 seconds. Be sure to not over microwave the cream cheese or it will melt.
Set it out: either leave the cream cheese out a couple hours before you plan on baking the cookie bars, or cut the cream cheese into small pieces on a plate and leave out for 15 to 20 minutes.
Like this recipe? Then you’re sure to like these similar ones.
- Single-Serving Chocolate Chip Cookie: a warm and delicious chocolate chip cookie for one.
- Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies: soft and moist chocolate chip cookies made with vanilla pudding mix.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie: everything you love about a warm, soft chocolate chip cookie but in pie form!
- Monster Cookie Dough Cheesecake: A delicious no-bake cookie dough crust topped with a decadent and creamy cheesecake filling.
Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup butter flavored vegetable shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream Cheese Filling:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat together the butter, shortening, both sugars, vanilla, salt and cider vinegar. Beat until creamy and combined.
- Beat in the egg, baking soda and flour until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Divide the dough into two equal portions. Set aside.
- For cream cheese filling: In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy and combined. Then beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a 9×13 glass baking pan, press 1/2 of the chocolate chip dough evenly into the bottom of the pan. (You’ll need to use your clean hands to do this) Then spread the cream cheese filling over the top of the cookie dough in the pan. With the remaining cookie dough, flatten chunks of the dough in between your hands to form small disks. Place them all over the top of the cream cheese mixture. (Try to place them as close as possible, but they don’t have to touch)
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 28-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and cooked through.
- *All ovens heat differently, some bars may take longer to bake. My oven seems to cook/bake things fast, so my bars were done at 27 minutes exactly*
- Cool bars completely before serving. Store any leftovers covered in the fridge.
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!