Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are decadent homemade cookie bars made with a layer of creamy cheesecake in the center. They have the perfect ratio of cheesecake to cookie dough so you get the best of both worlds!
Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are one of my favorite treats! They are out of this world delicious and they involve two of my most beloved things: cheesecake and chocolate chip cookies. The two combined is a union worth celebrating. 🙂
These amazing bars start with a thick layer of homemade cookie dough, a layer cheesecake filling, and another layer of cookie dough. They are then baked to golden perfection!
The top layer of cookie dough produces a slightly flaky and crispy top that is incredible! The cheesecake filling and the bottom cookie dough becomes so soft. Take a bite and you will be greeted with the most wonderful and decadent dessert bars ever!
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE CHEESECAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS
Make the cookie dough and cheesecake filling and layer them on top of one another! Yes, that’s seriously it!
For the cookie dough:
- Beat together the shortening, butter, sugars, vanilla, salt and vinegar in a bowl until creamy and combined.
- Beat in the egg, flour and baking soda.
- Mix in chocolate chips and divide the dough in half, set aside.
For the cheesecake layer:
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until combined then beat in egg and vanilla.
For the bars:
- Press half of the cookie dough evenly into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Spread the cheesecake filling over cookie dough layer.
- Take the other half of the dough and form small disks from chunks of the dough.
- Place the disks over the top of the cream cheese layer as close as possible (they do not have to touch.)
- Bake for 28 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Allow bars to cool then cut and serve!
HOW LONG DO CHEESECAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS LAST?
As long as the bars are stored in an airtight container in the fridge, they can last up to 3 to 4 days!
EASY WAYS TO SOFTEN THE CREAM CHEESE
You can soften cream cheese one of two ways:
Microwave: place the unwrapped cream cheese into a microwave safe bowl and heat up for only 10 to 15 seconds. Be sure to not over microwave the cream cheese or it will melt.
Set it out: either leave the cream cheese out a couple hours before you plan on baking the cookie bars, or cut the cream cheese into small pieces on a plate and leave out for 15 to 20 minutes.
Enjoy this recipe? Here are a few more of our favorites!
Single-Serving Chocolate Chip Cookie: a warm and delicious chocolate chip cookie for one.
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies: soft and moist chocolate chip cookies made with vanilla pudding mix.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie: everything you love about a warm, soft chocolate chip cookie but in pie form!
Monster Cookie Dough Cheesecake: A delicious no-bake cookie dough crust topped with a decadent and creamy cheesecake filling.
Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 1/2 cup butter flavored vegetable shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream Cheese Filling:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat together the butter, shortening, both sugars, vanilla, salt and cider vinegar. Beat until creamy and combined.
- Beat in the egg, baking soda and flour until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Divide the dough into two equal portions. Set aside.
- For cream cheese filling: In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy and combined. Then beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a 9×13 glass baking pan, press 1/2 of the chocolate chip dough evenly into the bottom of the pan. (You’ll need to use your clean hands to do this) Then spread the cream cheese filling over the top of the cookie dough in the pan. With the remaining cookie dough, flatten chunks of the dough in between your hands to form small disks. Place them all over the top of the cream cheese mixture. (Try to place them as close as possible, but they don’t have to touch)
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 28-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and cooked through.
- *All ovens heat differently, some bars may take longer to bake. My oven seems to cook/bake things fast, so my bars were done at 27 minutes exactly*
- Cool bars completely before serving. Store any leftovers covered in the fridge.