These Chocolate Cupcakes with Oreo Buttercream frosting are the ultimate dessert for Oreo lovers alike! The cake is so soft, light and moist and the Oreo buttercream frosting sets this dessert over the bar!
These Chocolate Cupcakes with a creamy and addictive Oreo Buttercream frosting are the ultimate dessert for Oreo lovers alike! The cake is so soft, light and moist and the buttercream frosting on top sets this dessert over the bar! I don’t think there is any dessert you could name that couldn’t be improved by an Oreo, and this cupcake is no exception.
Chocolate + Oreos = a match made in heaven. Seriously, I’m convinced. And the two combined into one delicious dessert? You might as well start writing your farewell letters to your diet. I’m serious, you’ll want to eat the entire bowl of Oreo Buttercream frosting before those poor cupcakes even have a chance to be frosted! 😉
This cupcake recipe is SO easy and simple to make. I know that sometimes making anything from scratch can feel intimidating, and if that’s how you feel, then you can always use a chocolate cake mix and it will still work just as nicely.
Whether or not you decide to go that route, you can also play around with the different cake flavors too. Not feeling chocolate cupcakes? You could swap it out for a yellow or white cake mix. A strawberry cake paired with the Oreo buttercream would also give you a chocolate-dipped strawberry flavor combination. Talk about HEAVEN!
These cupcakes are the perfect treat to make for any family gathering, birthday party or just as a “treating myself” dessert! No matter where you serve them, know there won’t be one cupcake left! (Yes, even if you make them just for you 😉)
MORE AMAZING CUPCAKE RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Chocolate Cupcakes with Oreo Buttercream
- Hershey's 'Perfectly Chocolate' Cupcakes:
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- OREO BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 1 cup salted butter room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 Tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 16 Oreos crushed
- DIRECTIONS FOR CUPCAKES:Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 30 muffin cups with paper baking cups, set aside. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin) Fill cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake 20-22 minutes, or until tooth-pick inserted comes out clean. Cool cupcakes completely before frosting.
- DIRECTIONS FOR OREO BUTTERCREAM FROSTINGIn a large bowl cream butter, vanilla and milk(or cream). Slowly add in powdered sugar until creamy and fluffy. Fold in crushed Oreos until combined. Frost cupcakes and enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!