Cinnamon Roll Donut Bites are little bites of bliss. These donuts are soft, fluffy, and coated in cinnamon and sugar. You won’t be able to stop at just one!
CINNAMON ROLL DONUTS THAT WILL MAKE YOU GO NUTS!
My sweet tooth was telling me that it is time for an irresistible treat. One that satisfies more than one craving. I knew I wanted something that was fluffy and delicious but couldn’t pinpoint the craving. A cinnamon roll or donut. Which to choose? I went into the kitchen and brought my two cravings together into one with these Cinnamon Roll Donut Bites. You won’t be able to have just one of these sweet snacks.
SIMPLE, SPEEDY, AND SATISFYING
Even though this recipe combines two bakery treats, they are unbelievably easy to get these on the table in 30 minutes. That’s right, a freshly fried and dusted treat in only a half hour. All you need is the following:
- 1 can (12.4 ounces) Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls – Use your favorite store-bought brand of refrigerated dough for convenience.
- 3 cup of Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon of Almond Extract – Optional, but highly recommended.
FRIED AND FANTASTIC!
If you haven’t fried anything at home before, don’t fret. This is the perfect recipe to start with. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet, or pot to 350 degrees F. Make sure you have a thermometer to get to the right temperature.
Next, cut the cinnamon rolls into quarters. Place a few rolls at a time into the oil and fry for 30 seconds to 1 minute. You want them golden-brown on the outside to ensure they are cooked on the inside.
Carefully, remove cooked cinnamon roll bites with a slotted spoon, and place on a paper towel line plate to soak up the grease. Now roll them into the cinnamon/sugar mixture until fully coated.
Once all donuts are cooked and coated, then drizzle with the icing mixture, These are sticky, sweet, and will have you licking your fingers clean between each bite!
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE OF MY FAVORITE CINNAMON SUGAR TREATS!
Fried Ice Cream Dessert – A cold ice cream dessert with a fried topping of cinnamon, sugar, and corn flakes.
Cinnamon Roll Cake – A dense and buttery cinnamon cake with a vanilla glaze topping.
Chunky Cinnamon French Toast – Thick slices of cinnamon toast covered in a warm caramel syrup.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls – Homemade cinnamon rolls with pumpkin spice infusion.
Cinnamon Roll Donut Bites
- 1 can (12.4 ounces) refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing (I use the Pillsbury brand)
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- Heat oil in a medium skillet or deep-fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Remove cinnamon rolls from container, set icing aside. Cut each roll into quarters.
- Gently and carefully place 6 quarter rolls at a time into the oil and fry for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until really golden brown. ( You want to make sure they are fully cooked in the center ).Place cooked donut bites onto a paper towel-lined plate to soak up grease, then roll them into the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Pour icing in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for only 8 to 10 seconds. Stir in the vanilla extract, and almond extract if using. Drizzle icing over the donuts then serve. Enjoy!