Crock Pot Creamy Mashed Potatoes taste delicious and are so easy to make. I love that making mashed potatoes this way saves one extra stove-top burner!
Today I’m sharing these amazing Crock Pot Creamy Mashed Potatoes that are out of this world delicious! This is my favorite way to make mashed potatoes. I feel like they come out perfect every time.
These potatoes are creamy, dreamy heaven and so simple to make. Anything that I can stick in the crock pot and not have to worry about for hours is always nice.
I also love that making mashed potatoes this way saves one extra stove-top burner! Especially during the holidays, when you’re cooking 30 different things and your stove-top is full.
This method of cooking potatoes will definitely be the way I do it from now on. Whether it’s a holiday or not. These are so easy and delicious!
MORE DELICIOUS POTATO RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Crock Pot Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds Russet or Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 3/4 cup butter, cut into small cubes divided
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt (I use the Lawry's brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons milk
- Peel and then cut potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Rinse cut potato pieces in cold water.
- Grease a large (6 to 8 quart) crock pot with non-stick cooking spray. Place the cut potatoes into the crock pot. Season with the salt and pepper. Pour in the 3 cups water, and then dot the tops of potatoes with only 1/4 cup of the butter.
- Turn crock pot on high. Cover with lid and cook potatoes for at least 4 to 5 hours. Potatoes are ready when they are fork tender.
- Carefully, drain the hot water from crock pot, keeping the cooked potatoes inside. (Or you can drain in a colander and then put potatoes back in the crock pot).Mash potatoes with a potato masher until smooth. You can also use an electric hand-mixer.Add the remaining butter, cream cheese and milk. (add milk depending on how thin or thick you like your mashed potatoes)
- Continue to mash until there are no lumps left, and all the butter and cream cheese is combined. Season potatoes with more salt and pepper, if desired. Serve and enjoy!