Crock Pot Creamy Mashed Potatoes taste delicious and are so easy to make. I love that making mashed potatoes this way saves one extra stove-top burner!
Today I’m sharing these amazing Crock Pot Creamy Mashed Potatoes that are out of this world delicious! This is my favorite way to make mashed potatoes. I feel like they come out perfect every time.
These potatoes are creamy, dreamy heaven and so simple to make. Anything that I can stick in the crock pot and not have to worry about for hours is always nice.
I also love that making mashed potatoes this way saves one extra stove-top burner! Especially during the holidays, when you’re cooking 30 different things and your stove-top is full.
This method of cooking potatoes will definitely be the way I do it from now on. Whether it’s a holiday or not. These are so easy and delicious!
MORE DELICIOUS POTATO RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Potatoes au Gratin
Twice Baked Potatoes
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
Cheesy Broccoli Twice-Baked Potatoes
Crock Pot Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds Russet or Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 3/4 cup butter, cut into small cubes divided
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt (I use the Lawry's brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons milk
- Peel and then cut potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Rinse cut potato pieces in cold water.
- Grease a large (6 to 8 quart) crock pot with non-stick cooking spray. Place the cut potatoes into the crock pot. Season with the salt and pepper. Pour in the 3 cups water, and then dot the tops of potatoes with only 1/4 cup of the butter.
- Turn crock pot on high. Cover with lid and cook potatoes for at least 4 to 5 hours. Potatoes are ready when they are fork tender.
- Carefully, drain the hot water from crock pot, keeping the cooked potatoes inside. (Or you can drain in a colander and then put potatoes back in the crock pot).Mash potatoes with a potato masher until smooth. You can also use an electric hand-mixer.Add the remaining butter, cream cheese and milk. (add milk depending on how thin or thick you like your mashed potatoes)
- Continue to mash until there are no lumps left, and all the butter and cream cheese is combined. Season potatoes with more salt and pepper, if desired. Serve and enjoy!
29 thoughts on “Crock Pot Creamy Mashed Potatoes”
Oh I am so trying this! How easy! Thanks Holly 🙂
You will love them! So easy and they are amazing! 🙂
For Christmas Yummy in the Tummy
You can freeze mashed potatoes also. I do it all the time. They are watery when you defrost; just dump out the water before you mix them up again. Thanks for all your great recipes! I made the Lemon Chicken in the Crock Pot last night and we are having leftovers for lunch today. So yummy!
Maegan, that’s good to know. I’ve never froze mashed potatoes. Glad you enjoyed the lemon chicken! We love that one 🙂
I tried the way you said. Perfection. Thank you so much, Holly!
Those look delicious! I love having leftover potatoes for Shepherds Pie!
YES! I need these right now.
These potatoes look so dreamy Holly! I love making mashed potatoes in the slow cooker – so easy! I ADORE the cream cheese in this recipe 🙂
What a great way to make mashed potatoes! I’ve got to try it this weekend 🙂
Not only did you make these in a crock pot…you added a bar of cream cheese. You’re my hero!! YUM!
Haha Kristi!! I love me some cream cheese and they make these potatoes amazing 🙂
I’ve never thought of doing mashed potatoes in the crock pot but what a great idea! I love that it frees up a burner on the stove and the cream cheese makes these sound delicious!
Oh, I’ve never tried them in the crockpot! I will have to try this soon; great idea Holly!
Love this idea! Can u cook these overnight for 12 hrs & get Good results? Thinking of doing this for the holidays. Thanks for any info if anyone has done this. : )
Do you think this would work the same with cauliflower
Its cooking in my crockpot for dinner! yum cant wait to try it!
Thanks for the Mashed potato recipe. I am the cook in the house and agree any burner saved at the holidays is a plus.
I want to try this for Thanksgiving! How many people does the 5 lb bag serve? Can I do 7-8 lbs and cook longer?
Absolutely gorgeous and recipe looks delish!
I made these today. They turned out perfectly. The whole family – from grandkids to great Grandpa all enjoyed them.
How many servings will 5 lbs of potatoes prepared this way offer?
How many servings does this recipe make?
I would say this roughly serves about 10 people 🙂
How long do they stay warm in crockpot?
I’ve made theses potatoes several times now and love them! Making them today, Christmas Eve with ham, candied butternut squash and roasted asparagus
Yummy potatoes. Loved using the crockpot which allowed me to be doing other things. Thanks for sharing.
Yes ma’am! I tried making this recipe. Tasted the potatoes and they were so good pre-mashed, I cooked them a little longer and served them as in (not mashed). everyone loves them. making them again today. thanks for the recipe!