Crock Pot Creamy Mashed Potatoes taste delicious and are so easy to make. I love that making mashed potatoes this way saves one extra stove-top burner!
Today I’m sharing these amazing Crock Pot Creamy Mashed Potatoes that are out of this world delicious! This is my favorite way to make mashed potatoes. I feel like they come out perfect every time.
These potatoes are creamy, dreamy heaven and so simple to make. Anything that I can stick in the crock pot and not have to worry about for hours is always nice.
I also love that making mashed potatoes this way saves one extra stove-top burner! Especially during the holidays, when you’re cooking 30 different things and your stove-top is full.
This method of cooking potatoes will definitely be the way I do it from now on. Whether it’s a holiday or not. These are so easy and delicious!
MORE DELICIOUS POTATO RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Crock Pot Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds Russet or Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 3/4 cup butter, cut into small cubes divided
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt (I use the Lawry's brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons milk
- Peel and then cut potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Rinse cut potato pieces in cold water.
- Grease a large (6 to 8 quart) crock pot with non-stick cooking spray. Place the cut potatoes into the crock pot. Season with the salt and pepper. Pour in the 3 cups water, and then dot the tops of potatoes with only 1/4 cup of the butter.
- Turn crock pot on high. Cover with lid and cook potatoes for at least 4 to 5 hours. Potatoes are ready when they are fork tender.
- Carefully, drain the hot water from crock pot, keeping the cooked potatoes inside. (Or you can drain in a colander and then put potatoes back in the crock pot).Mash potatoes with a potato masher until smooth. You can also use an electric hand-mixer.Add the remaining butter, cream cheese and milk. (add milk depending on how thin or thick you like your mashed potatoes)
- Continue to mash until there are no lumps left, and all the butter and cream cheese is combined. Season potatoes with more salt and pepper, if desired. Serve and enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!