My Dad has been making these awesome tacos since I was a little girl. They are simple yet so delicious. These have been a family favorite for years!
In my expert opinion (lol… not) I believe that these are thee greatest tacos in all the land! Seriously. My Dad has been making these since I was a little girl. They are so delicious, and so easy to make. The special ingredient that really makes these tacos so great is Cheese Whiz! Yes, I said Cheese Whiz! It is essential when making these bad boys!
Sometimes when Dad would make these we would have ‘Taco eating contests!’ To see who could eat the most tacos. I think it was always a pretty close race between myself and my step-brother Brad. I think the most I ever ate was like 6 or 7 at one time.. (GASP!) ha and then I would be so full I couldn’t breathe. Ha! I always so excited when he would make these Tacos for us, and now as an adult, I make them for my hubby and girls. They love ’em too!
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 jar Cheese Whiz
- 10 count package of Corn Tortillas
- Oil for frying
- Taco toppings (lettuce, salsa, sour cream, etc
- Heat oil in a small skillet or deep fryer on medium-low heat. I usually use a small skillet and fill it halfway with oil. (You dont need a lot of oil for these. Maybe 1 to 1½ cups at most)
- Cook the ground beef and onion in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Once browned, drain grease.
- Fry the tortillas in the oil, about 30 seconds on each side.
- Lay the fried tortillas onto a plate with paper towels to soak up the grease.
- Spread some Cheese Whiz (however much you like) onto the tortilla and then top with the ground beef and all your favorite taco toppings!
- (Yields: 10 Tacos)