This Easy Crepes Recipe will bring an elegant breakfast to your table with a small list of ingredients. Transport your family to France with these delicious crepes!
EASY CREPES RECIPE
Weekends are for sleeping in and homemade breakfast. This may not come as a surprise, but I am usually the first one up in the Lofthouse. I like to get the morning coffee brewing and set the mood for the weekend ahead. When I feel like preparing a meal that goes beyond pancakes and waffles, I always come back to my Easy Crepes Recipe.
I know what you may be thinking, ‘Don’t I have to go to a nice bistro for crepes?’ I am here to say that you don’t! This recipe is so simple anyone can throw this together.
INGREDIENTS FOR EASY CREPES
Usually some of the best recipes are the easiest to bring together. This beautiful breakfast is no exception. I bet you have most of the required ingredients together already sitting in your fridge and pantry. It’s time to mix them all together for a whimsical breakfast. All you need is the following list of ingredients to make these easy crepes:
- Salted Butter
SAVORY, SWEET, NEITHER CAN’T BE BEAT
One of the reasons that this recipe is such a hit is because these crepes are the perfect blank canvas. They are delicious on their own, but the fun comes with what to put inside the crepe. They are beautifully versatile and can go on the savory side or the sweet side. Either way you won’t be disappointed.
A few of our favorite combinations to put inside are strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and cream. Chocolate hazelnut spread with bananas is always a good choice too.
If you want to try something on the savory side, try making a little egg scramble with spinach and cheese to fill inside. I guarantee no matter which way you decide to go, you’ll be completely satisfied.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE OF MY FAVORITE BREAKFAST RECIPES!
Buttermilk Pancakes – Fluffy homemade pancakes fresh off the griddle that will make any diner envious.
Breakfast Enchiladas – Tortillas filled with scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage topped with melted cheese and more bacon.
Breakfast Bake – A hearty egg casserole with sausage, green bell peppers, and cheese on top of golden crescent dough.
Strawberry Cheese Danish – A homemade pastry with a strawberry and cream cheese filling that’s perfect with a cup of coffee.
Easy Crepes Recipe
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth.Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Grease with cooking spray.
- Pour a 1/4 cup of batter onto the center of the hot skillet. Immediately tilt the skillet in a circular motion so the batter evenly coats the bottom of the pan. Cook for 30 seconds or until edges start to curl slightly and when you check the bottom the crepe is golden. Carefully, flip crepe to the other side and cook another 30 seconds or until golden.
- Place crepe on a large plate and cover to keep warm as you cook the rest. Repeat with remaining batter. You should get 12 crepes total. Serve crepes with your favorite fillings. (Whipped cream, berries, cream cheese, etc. OR go savory and top with chicken, eggs, cheese, veggies, etc. Roll up and enjoy!)