Easy Thai Noodles are fast to make and filled with authentic Asian flavor. This recipe is perfect for vegetarians and meat lovers alike.
Asian cuisine is one of my favorites to make in the kitchen. When I first began cooking and creating recipes, I was always slightly timid of Asian flavored cuisines. Each dish has layers of flavor that I thought would be hard to recreate. Does this sound familiar to you? If so, this Easy Thai Noodle recipe is the perfect start on your Asian cooking adventure. This meal is packed with outstanding flavors and textures, and it will be on your table in less than 30 minutes!
FLAVORFUL THAI NOODLES
This recipe calls for ingredients that are great investments for your pantry if they’re not already there. Sesame oil is infused with a nutty flavor that makes a little go a long way. Only 2 tablespoons and your tastebuds will be transported to your favorite Asian restaurant. It gives this dish a savory flavor that is unbeatable when paired with freshly minced garlic, soy sauce, honey, and red pepper flakes for a little touch of heat.
Dinners that are versatile like Easy Thai Noodles are the best kind. I like to say ‘Dealer’s Choice’ with this dish. My family loves chicken with their noodles, and I am happy to provide it because I do too! If I am a little short on time to cook chicken when I get home, I’ll stop by the grocery store to pick up a rotisserie chicken to shred and add to the dish. For my vegetarian friends, all you need to do is follow the recipe for a veggie and vegan friendly dinner. For my meat lovers, try sautéing shrimp or beef to add for a different variation.
Another reason why I love making this meal is that you can use almost any style of pasta that is in your pantry. I recommend using a linguini pasta or a Pad Thai rice noodle, but there have been a few nights where all I had in my cupboard was spaghetti noodles and my kids still cleaned their plates! If you have someone in the family that’s gluten intolerant, try substituting a gluten free style noodle.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE THAT WILL BE ON YOUR TABLE IN 30 MINUTES OR LESS!
Beef Burrito Skillet – Ground beef, corn, black beans, and cheese cooked together for a quick and flavorful meal.
Taco Noodle Skillet – Noodles cooked with chicken or beef in this delicious taco inspired skillet dish.
Asian Chicken Salad – Mandarin oranges, almonds, and pineapple tossed together with chicken and a poppyseed dressing.
Szechuan Chicken – Tender morsels of chicken and vegetables sauteed in a gourmet teriyaki sauce.
Easy Thai Noodles
- 6 ounces linguini noodles
- 1 cup bagged coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped honey roasted peanuts
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (optional, but highly recommended)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more if you want it more spicy)
- Cook linguini noodles according to package instructions. Drain when done cooking.
- While noodles are cooking whisk together in a small bowl the soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Pour sauce onto drained noodles and toss together. Add shredded cabbage, shredded carrots and shredded cilantro to noodle mixture and mix. Then gently stir in half of chopped cilantro, green onions and peanuts, reserving the other half for garnish. (Add the shredded rotisserie now, if using.)
- Serve warm or cold and garnish with remaining cilantro, green onions and chopped peanuts.