Glazed Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is a sweet spice bread that is filled with milk chocolate chips, tons of pumpkin flavor, and a sweet glaze on top!
My Glazed Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is exactly the pumpkin recipe you’ve been searching for. I took my traditional pumpkin bread recipe and added a few extra special touches that created the most incredible treat!
During the holidays I like to bake treats for my family, friends, and neighbors. This year I wanted to make something that was seasonal, but wasn’t a standard go-to plate of cookies. I was looking at my pumpkin bread recipe and realized I could make it extraordinary by adding some chocolate chips AND a sweet glaze on top. It ended up being better than I expected. 🙂
The glaze seeps down into the bread making it so moist and delicious! Not only is this bread amazing, but it is so simple to create. The batter takes mere minutes to prepare. It also creates two loaves, so you’ll have plenty of slices to give out, and some to keep and enjoy!
Try adding in peanuts, walnuts, pecans, or try substituting white chocolate chips!
CAN THIS BREAD BE MADE GLUTEN FREE?
Of course! Substitute with gluten-free flour for the all-purpose.
Store wrapped on the countertop or in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE DESSERT BREADS YOU MAY ENJOY!
Lemon Loaf Cake – A moist flavored lemon cake that’s topped with a decadent lemon glaze.
The Best Banana Bread – A moist and sweet bread made with sweet bananas.
Apple Fritter Bread – A donut made into a loaf of bread filled with apples, cinnamon, and sugar.
White Chocolate Pumpkin Bread with Streusel Topping – A rich and tasty dessert pumpkin bread with a crumbly topping.
Glazed Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (I use the Guittard baking chips)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9×5-inch loaf pans.In the bowl of a stand-mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until combined and creamy.Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until combined. Mix in pumpkin puree.
- In a separate, medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves. Whisk until combined.Gradually add this dry mixture into the wet mixture just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly among the two prepared loaf pans. Spread out evenly.Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean. (It is fine if there is a few wet crumbs. Do not over bake!)
- Remove from oven and let bread cool in pans for 10 minutes. Carefully remove bread from pans and place on a cooling rack. Gently poke a few holes over the tops of the bread with a fork.For Glaze: Mix the powdered sugar and milk together until combined. Pour glaze evenly over the holes of the two loaves of bread.Let bread cool at least another 45 minutes or so before slicing and serving. Enjoy!