If you’re not a fan of canned cream soups then you will really love this Homemade Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup recipe! It’s easy to make and a great alternative to the canned soups.
Creamy dreamy Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup made in the comfort of your own home! 🙂 First of all, I am not opposed to using canned condensed soups. Not at all. I have many recipes that call for them and I’m not ashamed to use them.
My thing is, sometimes I just don’t have any on hand, so I’m thrilled to have this recipe now to make my own. It is extremely easy to make. Only 4 ingredients and about 15 minutes is all it takes! The outcome is way more delicious than the canned stuff. And honestly, I do like knowing exactly what’s inside the homemade version! Definitely a new go-to recipe for me.
Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
A delicious and super easy homemade version of condensed cream of chicken soup. This condensed soup works well for so many recipes!
- 2½ cups chicken broth
- 1½ cups milk ( I use 2%)
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon seasoning mix ( or use ½ tsp. onion powder, ½ tsp. garlic powder, ½ tsp. black pepper and 1 tsp. salt)
- Combine chicken broth and ½ cup milk in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the flour and seasonings together. Pour in remaining milk. Whisk until smooth and no lumps remain. (Mixture will be thick.)
- Pour the flour/milk mixture into the saucepan with the broth mixture. Whisk and stir constantly as mixture simmers. Continue to let simmer until mixture is smooth and thick. Around 10 minutes.
- Use immediatley in a recipe as needed, or cover and store in refrigerator for up to one week.
This recipe makes the equivalent of three (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup.