Hot Cocoa Cookies are soft and chewy chocolate cookies with melted marshmallows and a surprise chocolate center. These cookies really taste like a cup of hot cocoa!
Is everyone tired of Christmas cookies yet? I hope not, because guess what I’m sharing today!? Incredible Hot Cocoa Cookies. Oh my, they are so delicious. 🙂
These cookies are soft, chewy and taste like a yummy cup of hot chocolate. They are the perfect cookie to leave out for Santa with a cold glass of milk on Christmas Eve. He may even leave you an extra present if you do. They’re that good! 😉
These Hot Cocoa Cookies are my favorite cookies to make during the holidays. I posted the recipe five years ago on the blog, so they were definitely needing an update with new pictures.
This year I made six batches to be exact and passed them out as neighbor gifts. I also made some for my Mom’s office and she said they were a huge hit!
MORE DELICIOUS COOKIE RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
White Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
White Chocolate Cranberry Orange Cookies
Hot Cocoa Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 bag (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 16 large marshmallows
- 8 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, cut in 1-inch pieces
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate chips, stirring frequently, over medium heat. Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the sugar, eggs and vanilla at low speed just until smooth and combined. Mix in the cooled chocolate mixture just until blended. Add the flour mixture in 2 batches, mixing on low speed until just combined. Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour.
- Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment or wax paper. Using a cookie scoop or 2 Tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop the dough and roll between your palms to form cookie balls. Arrange about 15 balls, an inch or so apart on each cookie sheet. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 12 minutes or until the tops of the cookies crack.
- Meanwhile, cut marshmallows in half crosswise and stick 1 piece of chocolate onto each of the cut sides.
- Remove the cookies from oven; gently press a marshmallow half, chocolate side down, into each cookie. Place back in oven and bake until the marshmallows are just softened, about 4 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool 15 minutes before serving.
7 thoughts on “Hot Cocoa Cookies”
What temperature do you bake these at?
325 degrees F. Sorry, just fixed that! 🙂
Hi, these sound and look delish… how do they keep?
They stay good covered at room temp for about 3 days! 🙂
Is that ganache in the picture under the marshamllow?
These are the best hot cocoa cookies! I’ve been using your recipes for years!