Lemon Pudding Cake is a fluffy yellow cake that bakes over the top of creamy lemon pudding. This creates a moist, light and incredible cake that is filled with lemon flavor!
Oh dear friends, this lemon cake I’m about to share today is unbelievable! Lemon Pudding Cake is a light and delicious cake filled full of lemon flavor! A yellow fluffy cake bakes over the top of creamy lemon pudding creating a moist, light and incredible cake. If you are a true fan of lemon then this cake is for you. 🙂
I love a good savory lemon recipe. Lemon Garlic Steak Bites, Crispy Lemon Garlic Chicken & Veggies and Crock Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken are all big favorites of mine. But when it comes to lemon desserts- they are my ultimate weakness!
This cake is not rich or heavy at all. It is light as a feather and the lemon pudding makes it so creamy. It almost melts in your mouth. I can see this cake being served at many summer time parties and get togethers. I can almost guarantee you will be asked for the recipe.
When I made it I couldn’t decide to serve it with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. I chose the easy route and went with whipped cream. Every bite was magical! Next time, and there will definitely be a next time, I am going to serve it while it’s still warm with big scoops of vanilla ice cream. Yum.
I hope you all put this on your must try list. You will not regret it!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
MORE DELICIOUS CAKE RECIPES YOU’LL WANT TO TRY:
Lemon Pudding Cake
- 1 box 15.25 ounces lemon cake mix (I used a Betty Crocker cake mix)
- Ingredients called for on cake mix eggs, oil, water
- 2 boxes 3.4 ounces each Instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups cold milk I use 2%
- 1 cup water
- Topping Ideas:
- Powdered sugar
- Cool whip thawed
- Fresh whipped cream
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Fresh lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake batter, according to package directions. Spread batter into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a separate medium bowl, add dry pudding mixes, granulated sugar, milk and water. Whisk together for 2 minutes. Pour pudding mixture evenly over the top of cake batter. (Don't spread.)
- Bake cake for 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (My cake took 1 hour and 3 minutes to fully bake.)
- Carefully remove cake from oven. Let stand and cool 20 minutes before slicing. The pudding will thicken as it stands.
- Serve each slice with fresh whipped cream, ice cream or whatever you desire. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: Mandy’s Recipe Box