Mummy Cupcakes are chocolate cupcakes designed with fun and spooky mummy faces. These are the perfect treat to serve at this year’s Halloween party!
I love the holiday season for so many reasons. The time spent with my family, the decorations around my home, and of course all the great treats! Halloween is such a fun time of year for themed delicious baked goods. These Mummy Cupcakes are so easy to make, and they are just the right amount of spooky.
I am not one for super scary movies, or anything that is going to jump out of nowhere to get me to scream. And that was the inspiration in assembling these cupcakes. I wanted to make a homemade treat that had just the right amount of “scare” and also some fun and yum for the kiddos.
When we make these cupcakes I just let my kids do the decorating. Anyone can decorate these. Simply pipe on some frosting in a zig zag, then place two M+M’s or candy eyeballs on and that’s it. Toddlers could even do it. Haha These are so fun, and so yummy. I mean mummy. 😉
WHAT KIND OF CUPCAKES SHOULD I USE?
You can use store-bought cupcakes or bake your own! If you want to bake your own cupcakes make sure to let them cool completely before decorating, so the frosting doesn’t melt away.
CAN I USE ANOTHER KIND OF CUPCAKE FLAVOR FOR THE BASE?
Yes! You can absolutely use any kind of cupcakes you’d like!
WHAT TOPPINGS SHOULD I USE?
Decorate these with M&M candies, Skittles or candy eyeballs. I found my candy eyeballs at Walmart.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE SPOOKY INSPIRED TREATS.
Ghost Brownies – Chocolate brownies topped with a spooky ghost made with marshmallows.
Candy Corn Rice Krispie Cupcakes – Rice Krispie Treats built to resemble Halloween’s most classic candy.
Monster Munch – An assorted treat mix with candy corn, pretzels and Chex mix. This is great for kids and adults.
Spider Web Cookie – A giant chocolate cookie with a spider web frosting design that is perfect for your Halloween guests.
- 18 prepared chocolate cupcakes
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons boiling water
- 1 bag M&M's or Candy eyeballs (can also use Skittles)
- Combine powdered sugar, butter, vanilla and boiling water in a medium bowl. Mix all together with a spatula until combined. Spoon mixture into a sandwich baggie.
- Cut off a small piece of one corner of the baggie. Pipe frosting onto each cupcake in a zig zag.
- Top each cupcake with two M&M’s to create the Mummy face.
- Makes 18 Mummy Cupcakes.