Oreo Ice Cream Cake is loaded with cookies ‘n cream ice cream, gooey hot fudge and Oreo cookies. With only 3 ingredients you can make this delicious and easy treat for any celebration!
AMERICA’S FAVORITE COOKIE IS AMERICA’S FAVORITE DESSERT
If you’ve been following Life in the Lofthouse for a while now, you’ll know that I absolutely love Oreo cookies. I believe almost everyone loves this simple cookie with two chocolate bookends with a creamy center. Here are some of my favorite Oreo inspired recipes that I have shared over the years.
Heavenly Oreo Dessert – A no bake treat filled with chocolate pudding, cream cheese and whipped cream.
Oreo Milkshakes – Thick and creamy classics milkshakes infused with Oreo cookies.
Oreo Truffles – Elegant and decedent bites of homemade truffle with an Oreo center.
Homemade Oreo Cookies – A homemade chocolate whoopie pie with a cream cheese frosting center.
HOW DO I TURN AN OREO INTO A FROZEN ICE CREAM CAKE?
Fill a large plastic bag or food processor with a 1-pound package of double-stuffed Oreos. Crush Oreos to a chunky to fine crumb. I personally like to keep mine on the chunkier side. This creates the crust for our dessert. Reserve a half cup for the top.
Then mix the crushed cookies with the hot fudge. Spread evenly in the bottom of a baking dish. Cover and freeze for one hour. While the crust sets, let your cookies and cream ice cream soften. Spread over your frozen crust and then sprinkle with the reserved crushed Oreos. Freeze overnight, or for at least 6 hours.
FINISH IT ALL OFF WITH A LITTLE SOMETHING SPECIAL
This is a dessert that you’ll want to invite the whole family over for. One cake serves twelve people and believe me everyone will want a piece. After you slice up the cake, top it with anything you like. We enjoy whipped cream and chocolate sauce!
Everyone will think you’ve put tons of work into this masterpiece, but you’ll know it was one of the easiest things to throw together.
If you have some left over, remember to put it back into the freezer to keep it frozen.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE FANTASTIC FROZEN DESSERTS!
Frozen Pink Lemonade Pie – A tart and frozen dessert that is best served on the patio at a summer cookout!
Homemade Biscoff Ice Cream – Creamy and rich ice cream infused with rich pieces of Biscoff cookies.
Frozen Mint Oreo Pie – Chilled ice cream pie served with a chocolate Oreo crust and mint flavored ice cream.
Fudge Ripple Ice Cream – Homemade ice cream that is so simple and has only 3 ingredients!
Oreo Ice Cream Cake
Oreo Ice Cream Cake:
- 1 package (1-pound) Double Stuffed Oreo cookies
- 1 jar (12.8 ounces) Hot Fudge (I like the Hershey's brand)
- 2 containers (1.5 quarts, each) Cookies n' Cream Ice Cream
- whipped cream
- chocolate sauce
- chopped nuts
- Place all of the Oreo cookies in a large ziplock bag OR food processor. Crush Oreos to a chunky to fine crumb. Reserve 1/2 cup for the topping.
- Place remaining crushed Oreos in a bowl. Heat the jar of fudge according to directions then pour the warm fudge all over the crushed Oreos in the bowl. Gently mix to combine then pour into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Spread out evenly. Cover and place in freezer for one hour to set.
- Meanwhile, place the two containers of ice cream out on the counter for 30 minutes to soften. Spread the softened ice cream evenly all over the cookie crust. Top ice cream evenly with the reserved 1/2 cup of crushed Oreos. Cover pan again and place back in the freezer to set for at least 6 hours or overnight before serving.
- Cut frozen ice cream cake into 12 squares and serve with desired toppings. Enjoy!(Store any leftovers covered in the freezer. If covered well, leftovers should stay good in the freezer for 2 weeks.)