This recipe for Oven Baked Chili Dogs is so delicious and would be a great idea for a summer potluck or some game day food. They are a yummy alternative to regular hot dogs!
Summer is almost here and I CAN’T WAIT! Barbecues, swimming and camping are in the near future and I’m beyond excited! This recipe for Oven Baked Chili Dogs would be a great idea for a summer potluck. They are a sinfully delicious alternative to regular hot dogs.
The type of chili you use is totally up to you! Feel free to use canned if you don’t have a lot of time, but I would suggest homemade to take these babies to the next level.
I personally love a certain brand of chili called ‘Bear Creek Darn Good Chili’. It has all the spices and dried beans in a package. You just add cooked ground beef and tomato paste to it. It’s easy and delicious.
If you can find it in your grocery store I suggest you try it. It is amazing chili! Especially on these Oven Baked Chili Cheese Dogs all drenched in cheese and onion. *drool* 🙂
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES YOU MAY WANT TO TRY:
Oven Baked Chili Cheese Dogs
Loaded hot dogs with chili, cheese and onion, baked in the oven. These are delicious!
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 2 cups prepared chili
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 small red or yellow onion chopped
- relish, mustard, ketchup, etc.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9×13 baking pan with tin-foil (for easy clean-up). Place hot dog buns inside. (I only fit 7, but if you squeeze them together all 8 should fit)
- Squeeze desired amounts of mustard, ketchup and relish into the inside bottom of each bun. Then put a hot dog inside each bun, over the sauces.
- Ladle about a 1/3 cup of chili onto each hot dog, and then sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese and onion.
- Cover pan with foil. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes and then carefully remove foil. Use a spatula to help remove hot dogs from pan.
- Enjoy ♥