Pumpkin Roll Cake is an easy and delicious pumpkin cake with a cream cheese filling. It tastes just like a classic pumpkin roll but in cake form!
It’s time for another PUMPKIN recipe! 😀 For those of you not into pumpkin, please forgive me. (You weirdos) lol JUST KIDDING. And for those of you that love this delightful stuff, I have a few more recipes to share in the near future so get ready!
This glorious cake is a twist on classic Pumpkin Rolls, but a little easier to make and just as delicious. Pumpkin Rolls will always remind me of my Mom. I was telling you all on Facebook that she used to make them every Christmas to hand out as gifts to neighbors and friends. I loved that tradition of hers and have carried it on. 🙂 I may change it up every now and then by making this amazing cake instead. It is so yummy, especially topped with a little whip cream!
Pumpkin Roll Cake
An easy and delicious pumpkin cake with a cream cheese layer. It tastes just like a pumpkin roll!
- 6 Tablespoons butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 9x13-inch glass baking pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs, pumpkin, milk and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and stir until combined. Pour 2/3 of the pumpkin batter into prepared baking dish.
FOR CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the egg, 1/4 cup sugar and teaspoon vanilla. Continue to beat until smooth and combined.
- Spread cream cheese filling evenly over pumpkin batter in pan. Spoon the remaining pumpkin batter over cream cheese layer and smooth out in an even layer. Using a knife, trace the pan in a swirl motion to marble the cream cheese and pumpkin layers together.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake before slicing. Serve each slice with a dollop of whip cream, if desired. Enjoy!
Store leftovers covered in fridge for up to 3 days.