Pumpkin Rolls are a soft pumpkin cake that’s wrapped around a heavenly cream cheese filling. These pumpkin rolls are a delicious holiday treat!
Whenever I make Pumpkin Rolls they always leave me thinking about the good old days when I was a kid and used to help my mom in the kitchen. I owe a lot of my love for cooking and baking to my mom. I used to watch her in the kitchen and sometimes, if I was lucky, I’d get to help her in the making of all sorts of tasty things.
They are memories I will cherish forever. Especially the memories that have to do with these Pumpkin Rolls. My Mom used to make these every year at Thanksgiving or Christmas time and she always let me help her.
We would wrap them up all nice, tying bows on each end, and deliver them to neighbors and friends. It’s a tradition that I am proud to have carried on. 🙂
I have to say, it’s quite easy to continue carrying on a tradition when the tradition results in a soft and decadent pumpkin spice cake rolled around a rich cream cheese filling. Just saying that makes me want to make another batch!
These pumpkin rolls are so good you’ll seriously be tempted to eat the whole thing! Trust me, I’ve came very close to doing that myself. 😉
If you’re ready to reminisce in those holiday memories filled with warm autumn spices and sweet pumpkin, then go put on that apron, and get to baking these sinfully good treats!
MORE DELICIOUS PUMPKIN RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 10x15-inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, pumpkin puree and vanilla. Whisk until combined.Add flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt to batter. Whisk until everything is smooth and combined. Pour batter onto prepared jelly roll pan. Spreading out evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven.*This next part is hot so please be careful. You can wear oven mitts. Now carefully roll up hot cake (with the parchment paper still attached) starting at one of the short ends. Roll up as tight as you can. Let cake sit out on the counter until completely cool. (about an hour or two.)
- While cake is almost cool you can start on the cream cheese filling. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix until smooth and creamy. When cake is completely cooled, gently unravel cake, while removing the parchment paper. Go very slow so you don't rip the cake.Now spread the cream cheese filling evenly all over the inside of the rolled cake. Roll cake back up and cover with saran wrap. Place in refrigerator until chilled. Slice into pieces and serve!
Pumpkin rolls freeze really well. Cover tightly in saran wrap (I usually do two layers then place it in a ziplock freezer-safe bag. Freeze up to 3 months. To thaw, place in the refrigerator overnight.
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!