Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie is a heartwarming meal filled with chicken and veggies in a savory gravy. Serve with warm biscuits for one delicious dinner!
One of my favorite things to do on the weekend is make a big Sunday dinner for my family. These dinners usually consist of comfort food with all the fixings, and a lovely dessert to finish it off. When I think of the perfect meal to make on these days it is my Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie. It’s filled with chicken and veggies in creamy gravy that is mouthwatering good. It is delicious and so comforting!
WHAT CLASSIC INGREDIENTS ARE USED IN THIS DISH?
Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup – This soup base for the recipe will warm your soul right up!
Chicken Breast – Tender morsels of chicken make this hearty dish full of protein.
Frozen Vegetables – Classic vegetables including potatoes, corn, peas and carrots help to make this dish so hearty.
Seasonings and Spices – Salt, black pepper, and a few extra seasonings bring this recipe a whole lot of flavor!
CONVENIENCE THAT IS COMFORTING IN SO MANY WAYS.
This recipe takes all the great parts of a traditional chicken pot pie and makes it easier to prepare. Each component is placed in a crock pot and slowly cooked over 3 to 6 hours. You can start this before you leave for church or work. You will have a wonderful meal waiting for you when you get back home!
WHAT ABOUT THE CRUST?
Warm biscuits baked separately replaces the crust in this recipe. As this yummy meal finishes cooking, bake a batch of 7-Up Biscuits or Cheddar Bay Biscuits. Serve on the side or crumble them all over the top. Yum!
If you are a little short on time to make them from scratch, then just bake a quick batch of refrigerated biscuits and this amazing dinner will be complete.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE HEARTWARMING DINNERS!
Three Packet Roast – Rump roast that is slowly cooked with seasonings and spices.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Noodles – Al dente egg noodles and tender chicken breast in a creamy sauce.
Loaded Chicken and Potato Casserole – This casserole is loaded with pieces of tender potatoes, juicy chicken, and lots of melted cheese.
Baked Spaghetti – Traditional spaghetti and red sauce tossed together with cream cheese and seasonings then baked to perfection.
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small white or yellow onion, chopped
- 4 small russet potatoes, peeled then diced
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 bags (10 ounces each) mixed frozen vegetables (corn, peas, green beans and carrots mix)
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream of chicken soup OR use my homemade cream of chicken soup recipe
- 1 cup milk (I use 2%)
- 1 Tablespoon salted butter
- 1 Tablespoon dry ranch seasoning mix
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Warm biscuits, for serving on the side
- Place everything (except the biscuits) in a large 7 quart slow cooker. Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 6 hours OR cook on high heat for 3 hours.
- Carefully remove the chicken breasts and shred. Place shredded chicken back in to the slow cooker and gently stir to combine everything. Serve in individual bowls, with warm biscuits on the side. Enjoy!