How cute and fun is this dessert! I saw it in a Taste of Home magazine I had saved from a few summers ago. I think it would be so fun to serve at a summer pool party or barbecue. Everyone will think you fussed big time over making such a cute dessert, but it really couldn’t be any easier to make.
All you need is 3 different ice creams, some food coloring, chocolate chips and a freezer-safe bowl. Oh, and some time. Give yourself a day in advance to make it, because it really needs to freeze between each layer, and set overnight. My kids are going to love this when I serve it for dessert tonight! I can’t wait! : )
A fun ice cream cake that looks like a watermelon!
Write a review
- 1 pint vanilla or green colored ice cream (I used Pistachio), softened
- 6-8 drops green food coloring
- 1 pint Vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 pint Strawberry ice cream, softened
- 6 drops red food coloring
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Line a 2 quart freezer-safe bowl with plastic wrap. Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine pistachio ice cream (or whichever kind of green ice cream you’re using) and green food coloring. Quickly spread green ice cream over the bottom and up the sides to within 1/2 inch of the top of bowl. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- Repeat another layer with vanilla ice cream. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- In a small bowl, combine strawberry ice cream and red food coloring; stir in chocolate chips. Spoon into ice cream shell. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Remove from freezer and invert onto a serving plate. Remove bowl and plastic wrap. Cut into wedges.
Life In The Lofthouse https://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/