It’s amazing how many ‘copycat’ Mexi-grill recipes that are out there in the food blogging world! I’ve tried a few of them and have thought they were awesome, but this Bajio Chicken one is HANDS DOWN the best one I’ve tried so far! It tastes exactly like the one from Bajio’s!
I’m a big fan of Bajio’s, but I also love Cafe Rio and Durangos. Sometimes I get in a certain ‘mexi-grill’ mood and just crave one in particular. When I was pregnant with Kallen I craved Bajios all the time! I tried to copy the whole salad that they serve there when I made this chicken tonight. I served it with the delicious ‘TortillaLand’ Tortillas that you have to heat up on the stove (YUM), and topped it with chopped romaine lettuce, corn, the delicious chicken and the crunchy tortilla strips! It was amazing : )
Bajio Chicken Chile Salad
Write a review
- 4 large boneless, skinless Chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 (4 oz) can diced Green chilies
- 6 ounces of Sprite ( 1/2 a can)
- romaine lettuce
- sour cream
- tortilla strips
- Place all of the ingredients in the crock pot. Cover with lid. Heat on low for 5 hours. Or on High for 3 hours. Shred chicken and serve!
- To make the Bajio Salad: Heat a tortilla on a skillet. Place cooked tortilla in a bowl. Add chopped fresh lettuce, corn and cheese and then add chicken on top! Serve with tortilla strips, cilantro and dressing of your choice.
- Yields: 6 servings
Life In The Lofthouse http://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/