These biscuits are quick to make and so worth the little effort. Did that make sense? Anywho, they are soft, buttery, cheesy rolls with a hint of garlic. So good. Whenever we eat at Red Lobster, and they bring out the biscuit-filled basket, I have to restrain myself from eating all of them. They are utterly addicting!
This version is totally from scratch, and absolutely delicious!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 450° degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk and cooled, melted butter. Whisk together. Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients. Stir using a rubber spatula just until moistened. Fold in cheese.
- Scoop batter with a 1/4 cup measuring cup onto the prepared baking sheet. Gently form and shape into biscuit. Repeat with remaining biscuit batter. Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- For the topping: Stir together the melted butter, garlic powder and parsley. Brush over the tops of each biscuit. Serve immediately.