This Taco Pizza is probably one of my favorite recipes I’ve blogged about. It makes the Top 5 list, for sure. We loved everything about it. The colors of all the veggies, the yummy taco flavor, the fact that it was a ‘pizza’, and that it made for some delicious leftovers! This is the kind of recipe that goes into my ‘special’ recipe box. It’s hidden away in my pantry, and only the ‘best of the best’ recipes go inside. This one went in as soon as I was done eating. I will be making this forever! It is really, really awesome!
Seasoned ground beef, refried beans, and all your favorite taco toppings are what make this pizza amazing!
Write a review
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated Pillsbury pizza dough
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I used Colby and Monterey Jack cheese)
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Brown ground beef in a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Drain grease. Add taco seasoning to the ground beef according to package directions.
- Unroll pizza dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. (I used a 10×15 inch cookie sheet). Let dough sit at room temperature for 5 minutes. Press dough over the bottom and up along all 4 sides the of cookie sheet. Bake pizza dough for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from oven.
- Place refried beans into a microwavable-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir well and then spread beans evenly over the top of the warm pizza crust. Top with the cooked ground beef mixture, sprinkle with cheese and then add the tomatoes, black olives and green onion.
- Return to oven and bake another 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Store any leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Life In The Lofthouse http://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/
Recipe source: Pillsbury
You May Also Like....