Chicken Noodle Bake is a comforting casserole that is made with all the chicken noodle soup elements and more. This chicken bake is so delicious and family approved!
I love a good casserole and I love making them through out the year. They are usually easy recipes all loaded into one baking dish. This Chicken Noodle Bake is the latest casserole I created and it turned out to be even better than I expected.
Chicken Noodle Bake is a fun twist on the classic chicken noodle soup. It’s filled with egg noodles, veggies and my ranch chicken a long with a homemade creamy chicken soup. This recipe is packed full of flavor!
My family absolutely loved this one. We ate almost the entire thing at dinner. The next day my little Kallen asked me if we had any left. That is a miracle in itself. haha. My kids are not big leftover fans so it really reminded me of how great this was.
Another similar recipe here on my blog is my Chicken Noodle Casserole. It’s always been a favorite of mine and you readers. I received a lot of comments/questions asking if there was a substitute for the canned cream of chicken soup. That’s when I decided that I needed to create a better version of it and take it up a notch by doing a few tweaks.
In this Chicken Noodle Bake I used my Homemade Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup and also added my Ranch Chicken. The results were so flavorful and total perfection!
The homemade cream of chicken soup in this Chicken Noodle Bake gives this bake so much flavor. It is a little more time consuming than pouring in the canned cream of chicken soups, but it is well worth the time spent.
This Chicken Noodle Bake is comfort food at it’s finest and just absolutely delicious. I’ve now added to our Sunday dinner rotation. It’s definitely family-approved at my house. 🙂
Tips on how to make Chicken Noodle Bake in advance:
Cook noodles according to package directions; drain water. Run cool water over the noodles to stop the cooking process and drain again. Place cooked noodles in a large ziplock bag with just a tiny bit of water to prevent them from drying out or getting hard. Place bag in refrigerator until ready to use. I usually do this the morning I plan on making the noodle bake for dinner.
You can also prep the homemade creamy soup in advance as well. Prepare and make soup according to directions. Let stand at room temperature to cool. Then place in a container with a tight lid. Keep in refrigerator until ready to use. It will stay fresh tightly covered in fridge for 3 to 4 days.
Last but not least, you can always bread the chicken ahead of time. Follow the instructions on how to coat the chicken breasts in the breading then wrap them in saran wrap. Keep wrapped and store in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake this wonderful Chicken Noodle Bake.
Give these other delicious casseroles a try:
Chicken Noodle Casserole
Teriyaki Chicken Casserole
Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
Chicken Ranch Pasta Bake
Cheesy Chicken Spinach Bake
Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake
Chicken Noodle Bake
- CREAMY CHICKEN SOUP SAUCE:
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups dried egg noodles
- 1 bag (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 bag (10 ounces) frozen peas and carrots
- RANCH CHICKEN:
- 1 packet (1 ounce) dry ranch dressing/seasoning mix
- 1 ½ cups crushed corn flakes
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 to 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine chicken broth and 3/4 cup milk in a large saucepan. Bring to a low boil over medium-high heat. Let boil for 30 seconds then reduce heat to medium-low.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together remaining 1/4 cup milk, flour, onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, pepper and salt. Whisk until smooth. Pour this mixture into the chicken broth/milk mixture in saucepan. Continue to stir until mixture is smooth and thickens. About 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand.
- Meanwhile, cook egg noodles in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente; according to package directions. Drain water. Pour cooked egg noodles into the cream sauce. Add frozen corn, peas and carrots. Carefully fold to combine everything. Spread mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, or large ziplock bag, combine ranch seasoning, corn flakes and Parmesan cheese. Dip each chicken breast into melted butter then drop into seasoning mixture; fully coating the chicken. Place each coated chicken breast on the top of noodles.
- Cover pan with foil and bake 45 minutes. Carefully remove foil (it will be hot!) and continue to cook another 5 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
6 thoughts on “Chicken Noodle Bake”
This looks so good….think I could substitute pork chops for the chicken?
Yes Judy you could use pork chops instead. I would use thinner, boneless pork chops.
In the oven now, smells amazing!!
hi! how long would you recommend cooking this if you’re using chicken tenderloins instead of breasts? thanks!
I would check the chicken for doneness around 35 to 40 minutes. The internal temperature of the cooked chicken should be above 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Nevermind, found my ansWer. Soup base with dairy doesn’t freeze well.. i had doubled the recipe so i will maKe something else With it later in the week…