You get the best of both worlds with Double Decker Tacos! Each one starts with a flour tortilla layered with beans, then inside there’s a crispy beef taco filled with all your favorite taco toppings. These yummy tacos are simply incredible!
I was at my friend’s pool party a few weeks ago and they served the most incredible tacos. I was in pure heaven. Anyone that knows me well, knows I love a good taco. I even confessed at the party that I sometimes eat tacos for breakfast. haha. I am in no way ashamed of that fact. It just shows how much I love them. 🙂
When it comes to Double Decker Tacos it just only gets better. You get the best of both worlds with Double Decker Tacos! Each one starts with a soft tortilla layered with beans, then inside you get a crispy beef taco filled with all your favorite taco toppings! These yummy tacos are simply incredible!
My recipe for Double Decker Tacos could not be easier to make and they’re packed full of flavor. I believe you don’t have to add a ton of ingredients to your taco meat to make it taste good. In my opinion, all you need is some onion, garlic and just a bit of taco seasoning. Less is more and it will make any beef taco taste amazing.
When it comes to toppings, you have full control. We love our toppings simple as well. Cheese, lettuce, tomato and salsa is all I need. Sometimes we add guacamole and sour cream for good measure. Okay, now I’m hungry. Excuse me while I go make me some more tacos. 😉
Looking for more amazing taco recipes? Try these:
Double Decker Tacos
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 can (15 ounces) refried beans
- 8 fajita-size flour tortillas
- 8 hard taco shells (I use the large 'Super Stuffer' hard taco shells from Old el Paso)
- Favorite Taco Toppings:
- sour cream
- In a large non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, add ground beef, onion and garlic. Stir and crumble ground beef until browned and fully cooked. Drain any grease. Add taco seasoning and water to beef. Continue to cook another 5 minutes or so until seasoning is fully incorporated into beef.
- Meanwhile, heat hard taco shells in microwave.
- Take one flour tortilla and spread 2 Tablespoons of refried beans evenly over the top. Place warm hard taco shell in center of tortilla and then fold up sides to stick to the taco shell.
- Repeat with all hard shells, tortillas and beef. Fill each taco with any taco fillings you desire. Enjoy!