Crock Pot Stuffed Bell Peppers are cooked in the crock pot and filled with ground beef, Mexican rice, enchilada sauce and cheese. They are delicious!
I’ve been asked about a recipe for stuffed bell peppers a lot, so I thought it was high time to share one. This recipe for Crock Pot Stuffed Bell Peppers is my favorite. They’re totally delicious and stuffed with all kinds of good things; beef, Mexican rice, enchilada sauce, cheese. See, I told you they were yummy. 🙂 I think the best thing about them is that they’re baked in the crock pot!
These stuffed bell peppers are melt in your mouth good! I served ours with just a simple side salad and it was one of the best dinners I’ve had in awhile. They’re certainly amazing as is, or you could customize your own by using chicken instead of beef. You could also exclude the meat and add more veggies/rice for a vegetarian version. I think any way you make them you will love!
MORE AMAZING CROCK POT RECIPES:
Crock Pot Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 5 bell peppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (10 ounces) red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup cooked Mexican rice
- 1 cup shredded Colby-jack cheese divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- sour cream
- Cut the tops off of each bell pepper. Remove any seeds and stems from the inside. Dice the tops of each bell pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the raw ground beef, enchilada sauce, onion, rice, diced bell peppers and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Season mixture with salt and pepper. Stir to combine with a spatula. Stuff each pepper with the ground beef mixture.
- Fill crock pot with a half inch of water. Place bell peppers inside. Cover with lid and cook on Low heat for 6 hours OR on High heat 4 hours. Top each stuffed pepper with the remaining shredded cheese. Cover with lid until cheese has melted.
- Serve warm with favorite toppings. Enjoy!