My Dad has been making these awesome tacos since I was a little girl. They are simple yet so delicious. These tacos have been a family favorite for years!
I believe these are thee greatest tacos in all the land! Seriously. These are called Dad’s Tacos and they are my favorite! My Dad has been making these since I was a little girl. They are so delicious, and so easy to make. The special ingredient that really makes these tacos so great is Cheese Whiz! Yes, I said Cheese Whiz! It is essential when making these bad boys. 🙂
Sometimes when Dad would make these we would have taco-eating contests to see who could eat the most. I think it was always a pretty close race between myself and my step-brother Brad. I think the most I ever ate was like 6 or 7 at one time (GASP!) ha! I would be so full I couldn’t breathe.
I was always so excited when Dad would make these tacos for us, and now as an adult, I make them for my family too. 🙂
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 jar Cheese Whiz
- 1 package (10 count) small corn tortillas
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Taco toppings (lettuce, salsa, sour cream, etc.)
- Heat oil in a small skillet or deep fryer on medium-low heat. I usually use a small skillet and fill it halfway with oil. (You don't need a lot of oil for these. Maybe 1 to 1 ½ cups at most.)
- Cook and crumble the ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once beef is browned, drain grease.
- Fry the tortillas in the oil, about 30 seconds on each side.
- Lay the fried tortillas onto a plate with paper towels to soak up the grease.
- Spread some Cheese Whiz (however much you like) onto the tortilla and then top with the ground beef and all your favorite taco toppings!