Ghost Brownies will put a smile on everyone’s face! These delicious Halloween treats are ooey, gooey and a little bit booey.
When you bring out an emotional reaction with food, then you know you’ve done your job. Whenever I make these Ghost Brownies for a party, laughter is quickly followed by the sounds of mmm.
The first time I made these I couldn’t stop laughing at them, and my kids couldn’t stop eating them because they’re out of this world good.
Halloween treats are my favorite theme, and when I made these fun ghostly brownies, I knew I had a winner. You get two treats in one! A perfectly dense brownie served with a giant marshmallow and frosting on top.
Everyone is sure to love these! On Halloween we all know that the more treats the better. 😉
One new tradition that we’ve started is decorating the ghosts together. We carve our pumpkins and decorate our brownies. It’s such a blast! Everyone gets to showcase their creepy creativity. I guarantee that you try this out with your family, and everyone is sure to get into the spooky mood.
HOW DO I MAKE THE BROWNIES?
You can use any brownies you want! If you prefer homemade brownies try my Chocolate Fudge Brownies as a base, or you can make your favorite box of brownie mix.
CAN I USE MORE MARSHMALLOWS?
Absolutely! Try stacking them to see who can get the tallest ghost?
HOW LONG DO THE BROWNIES KEEP?
Keep refrigerated for 3 to 5 days.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW OTHER SPOOKY RECIPES!
Mummy Hot Dogs – A creative and flavorful twist on the classic pigs in a blanket.
Candy Corn Rice Krispie Cupcakes – Crispy marshmallow packed treats topped with frosting.
Monster Munch – An assorted snack filled with pretzels, candy corn, and Chex mix covered in white chocolate.
Spider Web Cookie – A giant chocolate cookie topped with orange frosting in web formation.
- 1 box (1 lb. 2.4 ounces) Betty Crocker Supreme Brownie Mix (OR use your favorite homemade brownies)
- Ingredients called for on box (water, vegetable oil and egg)
- OR purchase 16 store-bought/ premade brownies
- 1 container (16 ounces) white frosting
- 16 large marshmallows
- 1 black edible marker OR black decorating gel (I bought edible markers from Amazon.)
- Bake brownies according to package directions on box. Cool completely. Cut into 16 squares.
- Top each brownie piece with 1 large marshmallow.
- Scoop frosting into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 10 to 12 seconds. Stir. Top each marshmallow with enough frosting to cover it completely. Let cool for 2 minutes.
- With a black edible marker draw on 2 circles for the eyes, and a circle for the mouth, on each marshmallow. OR if using decorating gel, pipe 2 dots for eyes, and a circle for the mouth, on each marshmallow. Serve!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
6 thoughts on “Ghost Brownies”
These are so so cute! What a fantastic idea!
Do you think this would work with cupcakes on the bottom instead of brownies?
Leila, Yes! They would work on cupcakes. Cute idea! 🙂
What is your secret to keep the gel frosting from running on the ghost? I’ve tried refrigerator and freezer, as soon as they thaw, it runs.
I recommend using the Wilton or Betty Crocker brand of food gels. They are both great quality gels that are stiffer. I’ve noticed that the Great Value brand is really runny and doesn’t work.
So cute and eaSy!!!