Ghost Brownies will put a smile on everyone’s face! These delicious Halloween treats are ooey, gooey and a little bit booey.
When you bring out an emotional reaction with food, then you know you’ve done your job. Whenever I make these Ghost Brownies for a party, laughter is quickly followed by the sounds of mmm.
The first time I made these I couldn’t stop laughing at them, and my kids couldn’t stop eating them because they’re out of this world good.
Halloween treats are my favorite theme, and when I made these fun ghostly brownies, I knew I had a winner. You get two treats in one! A perfectly dense brownie served with a giant marshmallow and frosting on top.
Everyone is sure to love these! On Halloween we all know that the more treats the better. 😉
One new tradition that we’ve started is decorating the ghosts together. We carve our pumpkins and decorate our brownies. It’s such a blast! Everyone gets to showcase their creepy creativity. I guarantee that you try this out with your family, and everyone is sure to get into the spooky mood.
HOW DO I MAKE THE BROWNIES?
You can use any brownies you want! If you prefer homemade brownies try my Chocolate Fudge Brownies as a base, or you can make your favorite box of brownie mix.
CAN I USE MORE MARSHMALLOWS?
Absolutely! Try stacking them to see who can get the tallest ghost?
HOW LONG DO THE BROWNIES KEEP?
Keep refrigerated for 3 to 5 days.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW OTHER SPOOKY RECIPES!
Mummy Hot Dogs – A creative and flavorful twist on the classic pigs in a blanket.
Candy Corn Rice Krispie Cupcakes – Crispy marshmallow packed treats topped with frosting.
Monster Munch – An assorted snack filled with pretzels, candy corn, and Chex mix covered in white chocolate.
Spider Web Cookie – A giant chocolate cookie topped with orange frosting in web formation.
- 1 box (1 lb. 2.4 ounces) Betty Crocker Supreme Brownie Mix (OR use your favorite homemade brownies)
- Ingredients called for on box (water, vegetable oil and egg)
- OR purchase 16 store-bought/ premade brownies
- 1 container (16 ounces) white frosting
- 16 large marshmallows
- 1 tube black decorating gel
- Bake brownies according to package directions on box. Cool completely. Cut into 16 squares.
- Top each brownie piece with 1 large marshmallow.
- Scoop frosting into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 10 to 12 seconds. Stir. Top each marshmallow with enough frosting to cover it completely. Let cool for 2 minutes.
- Pipe 2 dots for eyes, and a circle for the mouth, on each marshmallow. Serve!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!