Hawaiian Chicken meal prep bowls are filled with barbecue chicken, bell pepper, fresh pineapple, red onion and zucchini noodles. They are so delicious and a convenient way to prepare lunch or dinner in advance!
Hey friends! I am so excited to share this delicious recipe with you all! I’ve been making these HAWAIIAN CHICKEN MEAL PREP BOWLS for awhile now and we just can’t get enough.
I created this recipe before we went we went to Hawaii a few years ago. We were trying to eat healthy and were exercising a lot before to get into swimsuit shape. We loved them so much, we eat these and other meal prep bowls all the time. It’s become an awesome way of life.
Seasoned barbecue chicken, bell pepper, fresh pineapple, red onion and zucchini noodles are all inside these easy and awesome meal prep bowls!
I’ll make about 6 or 8 for Kale and I on a Monday morning, and then we’ll eat them for lunch or dinner through out the week. They are so yummy and super healthy. I love that you can make healthy food taste so good, and that’s exactly what these bowls are.
Sometimes I’ll use asparagus instead of the zucchini noodles. Either way, they’re totally worth making. I hope you guys give them a try soon!
MORE DELICIOUS AND HEALTHY RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Hawaiian Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
Servings 6 -8
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 red bell peppers diced
- 1 fresh pineapple diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 pound zucchini noodles OR 1 bundle fresh asparagus
- 8 glass or plastic containers with lids
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Grease skillet with cooking spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper then add to the skillet. Cook and stir for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Add barbecue sauce and diced bell pepper to skillet and continue to stir until bell pepper is crisp-tender and everything is heated through. Remove skillet from heat.
- Divide chicken mixture evenly among 8 containers. Divide the fresh pineapple, red onion evenly among the containers as well.
- If using fresh zucchini noodles add them to containers raw. When you reheat the bowls the zoodles will cook with the rest of the meal.
- (If using asparagus, season with olive oil, salt and pepper then bake in a preheated 350 F. degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before adding to bowls.)
- Seal each container with lids and place in the fridge. When ready to eat- remove lid and heat in microwave for 40 seconds or until heated through. Enjoy!
These stay good sealed tightly and refrigerated up to 4 days.
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!