These copycat IHOP Pancakes are golden and fluffy pancakes that taste just like the ones from the popular restaurant chain. My family devours these every time I make them. They are the best!
I have to admit it. I love me some IHOP pancakes. Breakfast is one of my favorite meals to eat at restaurants, though it’s funny, because I’m normally a savory foods girl. I like to order chicken fried steak, bacon or eggs. BUT there’s always an exception when we go to IHOP. I always get their pancakes. They are amazing! Especially with their butter pecan syrup. Yum!
This copycat version comes from a recipe I found on Pinterest and read all the reviews. I always like to read reviews before I try a recipe. They were all great and everyone said they loved them. Some commented they were better than IHOP’s. So that was the seller to me. I printed off the recipe and made them for dinner.
We absolutely loved these pancakes, and I agreed with the reviews. They were BETTER than IHOP’s. Maybe it’s because they were homemade, and who knows what the restaurant puts in theirs (not that I care because I’ll still eat them). 😀
MORE BREAKFAST FAVORITES YOU MAY LOVE:
IHOP Pancakes (copycat)
Fluffy and delicious homemade pancakes that taste like the ones from IHOP restaurant!
- 1 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and buttermilk. Whisk together until blended. Add to flour mixture, stirring only until smooth. Add melted butter and sugar to batter and whisk until combined.
- Heat a griddle or nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Grease griddle with cooking spray or butter. Drop 1/4 cup batter on pan and spread into a 5-inch circle. Cook until bubbles begin to form on surface and edges begin to brown. Gently flip and continue to brown other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with butter and warm syrup. Enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST FOOD BOARD!