Italian Stuffed Chicken is a spectacular and easy chicken recipe. It’s covered in Italian dressing and seasonings, then stuffed with Mozzarella cheese and basil pesto. It is so delicious! You’re going to want to try this one!
I just love a good and NEW chicken recipe. It’s the main protein I like to cook for my family and sometimes I get stuck in a rut of repeating the same chicken recipes. I was experimenting in my kitchen last week and created this Italian Stuffed Chicken. It is covered in Italian dressing, Parmesan cheese and then stuffed with Mozzarella cheese and basil pesto. It turned out SO good and has become a new favorite!
We have been trying to eat healthier and lower carb this new year, so this chicken was the perfect dinner. I served it with a caesar salad and my kids devoured it too. Emma actually asked me yesterday if I would make it again this week. I was so happy she loved it that much (I did too) so she doesn’t have to twist my arm. I’m planning on making it again over the weekend. Can’t wait! 🙂
For the dressing I used the Olive Garden Italian dressing. I’ve seen it around Walmart and other grocery stores in my area. If you can’t find the Olive Garden brand then you can definitely use just regular Italian dressing. I’m sure it will still taste amazing. Let me know if you try it!
MORE ITALIAN RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken
One Pan Brown Sugar Italian Chicken and Veggies
Italian Chicken & Stuffing Bake
Italian Stuffed Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1 Roma tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing I used Olive Garden’s brand
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Take each chicken breast and slice lengthwise but not all the way through. You just want to create a pocket.
- In a medium bowl, combine Mozzarella cheese, pesto and chopped tomato. Stir to combine. Divide this mixture evenly among the chicken breasts and stuff it inside each pocket.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine Italian dressing, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Take each chicken breast, and holding together to keep stuffing inside, dip each chicken breast into the dressing mixture. Coating each side.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or ovenproof skillet over medium high. Add 2 Tablespoons oil to heat. Place chicken breasts inside and sear each side for 3 minutes.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Carefully remove from oven and serve warm. Enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Italian Stuffed Chicken”
As my friend has a very serious tomato allergy, I’m wondering if there is a substitute that I can use instead of the tomato?
Every sunday, we have “fam” dinner…6 adults and 4 grandkids….its hard to find one dish for everyone. As a variation…Instead of adding the pesto to the cheese, i added the pesto to the italian dressing mix and used it as a marinade for for 90 minutes, I also deleted the tomatoes. I spooned the extra marinade on the chicken before baking. It was Delicious and a big hit…everyone loved it.