Oreo Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are loaded with white chocolate chips and chunks of Oreos. The pudding mix makes these cookies ultra-soft and perfect!
How do you make America’s favorite cookie any better? You break it into pieces and bake it into another cookie! My Oreo Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are divine. Anything that has to do with Oreos always goes over well here in the Lofthouse. This recipe is out of this world delicious, and might just step in and take the place of America’s favorite cookie.
WHAT ARE OREO CHOCOLATE CHIP PUDDING COOKIES?
I am always looking for new ways to enhance traditional recipes. Especially when it comes to desserts! The pack of Oreos that were sitting on my counter were calling my name, ‘Holly, come and have just one.’
How could I resist? While I was munching away at my favorite cream filled cookie inspiration suddenly struck. What if I put chunks of Oreo’s in my favorite cookie recipe? After this lightbulb went off, I got to baking!
The results were the yummiest cookies I’ve enjoyed in a while!
HOW DO I GET CHUNKS OF OREOS?
This is probably the most fun step of the entire recipe. There are a few different ways to get Oreo’s into chunks. I recommend putting them in your food processor if you have one. Just a couple pulses in the processor are all they need, so they’ll be hearty chunks. You don’t want fine crumbs.
If you don’t own that kitchen gadget all you need is a large Ziploc bag and a rolling pin. Smash about 8 to 10 Oreos in the bag before adding them to the cookie dough.
WHAT GOES INTO AN OREO CHOCOLATE CHIP PUDDING COOKIE?
This is a simple recipe that uses a traditional cookie base. The following is the list of ingredients called to make the cookie dough:
- Salted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Chunks of Oreos
- White Chocolate Chips
HOW MANY COOKIES DOES THE RECIPE MAKE?
Each batch yields 32 cookies. This is a great recipe to make if you are hosting one of the kid’s birthday parties, or any gathering that is going to have a lot of attendees.
Really, these are great for any occasion. Saturday afternoons when you need something to do to keep busy and make something for the family. Everyone in the household will be glad you put on your apron to break up some Oreo’s.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO MAKE THE COOKIES AHEAD OF TIME?
Absolutely! This is a great recipe to prepare before you’re headed to a family event or social function. You can make the cookies either the day before, or earlier in the day. They can be stored in an airtight container right on the counter. In our house I sometimes have to hide half the batch so that every cookie doesn’t disappear on the same day!
CAN I USE ANOTHER TYPE OF CHOCOLATE IN THE COOKIE?
Of course! If you prefer a dark or milk chocolate chips, try those instead. I have tried a few variations and they were all delicious, but my favorite was as this recipe is written. In my opinion, Oreo and white chocolate chips were the best combination.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE OF MY FAVORITE HOMEMADE COOKIES!
White Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies – Soft, chewy, and tender cookies with colorful pastel M&M’s. These are perfect for Spring time!
S’mores Cookies – Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies with marshmallow and graham cracker crumbs.
Homemade Oreo Cookies – Two soft chocolate cookies with a homemade cream cheese filling.
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies – Soft and tender red velvet cookies with a dusting of powdered sugar.
Oreo Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 box (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed Oreo cookie (you want small chunks of Oreo, but not fine crumbs)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, or stand-mixer, add the butter, both sugars, pudding mix, eggs and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until creamy and combined.
- Gradually add in the flour and baking soda to the mixture. Beat on low speed until just combined. Stir in the white chocolate chips and crushed Oreo.
- Drop batter by Tablespoons on un-greased cookie sheets. Bake for only 9 to 10 minutes. (They may not seemed fully baked, but they are. Do not over bake!)Remove from oven and let cookies rest and cool on the cookie sheets.No need to transfer to wire racks. Serve with milk and enjoy these delicious devils! ♥