Oven Baked Honey Lime Chicken Tacos are simple to prepare and absolutely delicious. The honey and lime flavors pair perfectly with the seasoned chicken and pepper-jack cheese!
The other day I was on my blog looking over some recipes when I saw our beloved Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas. Just looking at the photos started some major cravings, but they don’t really fit into my current diet, so that’s when these Oven Baked Honey Lime Chicken Tacos were born. 🙂
Tender and flavorful chicken loaded up into crunchy corn tortillas. I threw on a little cheese (cause what’s a taco without cheese?) and popped them in the oven. Once they were ready, I just brought the baking dish right over to the table and everyone grabbed a taco. It was so easy and nice serving tacos this way!
The end result was AMAZING. These honey lime tacos were SO delicious. We topped ours with light sour cream and salsa and went straight to taco heaven. Yum!
MORE TACO RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Oven Baked Soft Tacos
BBQ Chicken Bacon Tacos
Chicken Street Tacos
Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
Oven Baked Honey Lime Chicken Tacos
- 1 ½ pounds cooked and shredded chicken breast (A rotisserie chicken works great for this)
- 1/2 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 8 corn taco shells (I use the 'stand n' stuff' shells from Old El Paso)
- 1 cup freshly grated Pepper Jack cheese
- chopped cilantro
- sour cream
- Note** I bake raw chicken breasts in a 375° F. oven for 35 minutes then shred. A rotisserie chicken would work great for this recipe as well.
- Place cooked, shredded chicken in a large bowl. Add the chili powder, paprika, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to bowl. Stir to combine. Drizzle in the honey and lime juice. Toss again to combine everything.
- Place the corn tortillas in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Divide the chicken evenly among the taco shells and place inside. Top each with a little Pepper Jack cheese.
- Bake in a 350° F. oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is heated through. Serve warm with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
14 thoughts on “Oven Baked Honey Lime Chicken Tacos”
They look super delish and warm from the oven – YUM.
making these tonight! 🙂
easy low fat superb meal
SOUNDS SO GOOD. THANKS FOR SHARING
How do you stop the taco shells from being soggy on the bottom?
I didn’t have that issue. Just make sure to use a slotted spoon to remove any excess liquid before spooning into shells.
I just made these last night and they were a big hit! I used spicy salsa, avocado and greek yogurt as toppings. Thanks for the recipe 🙂
Making these for dinner tonight! Yummmm
We loved these!
Great for guests! Very easy to make.
I put the chicken in my slow cooker.
The rest was a breeze!
Served with drinks.
Delicious recipe! I made the chicken in my instant pot, then shredded in my stand mixer with the paddle attachment – really quick and easy. Thanks for another winner of a recipe!!
We used regular corn tortillas by warming them up first in oil. We lined them up in a cookie sheet to bake. The best tacos ever!!!
Thanks Leeanne! Glad you enjoyed them 🙂
These were amazing! The whole family said that this recipe is a KEeper. i made the tacos exactly as the recipe was written and they turned out perfect. So fast and easy!