Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup is a hearty pasta soup that is best served with the ones you love. This soup is incredibly delicious, easy to make, and will have everyone running to the dinner table!
Lasagna is an indulgent pasta dish with layers of cheese, sauce, and noodles. Some days, I don’t have time or patience to make a top notch lasagna dinner. Luckily, I have my recipe for Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup on days like that. This soup is just as good as the traditional dish and it’s so much easier to make!
WHY IS THIS SOUP SO EASY TO MAKE?
Slow cookers are some of the best kitchen investments you’ll ever make. They make cooking as simple as throwing everything together, setting the heat and enjoying the rest of your day. This soup is no exception. Chicken broth, garlic, onion, olive oil, and lean ground beef simmer together with crushed tomatoes, herbs, and spices. This combination is sure to fill your home with a smell that will get everyone’s stomach excited for dinner.
DO I COOK THE PASTA WITH THE SOUP?
In testing this recipe, I have found that cooking the pasta separately is best. If it’s added to the slow cooker it often gets overcooked and will become mushy. Cooking it separate then adding to the soup right before you serve it will give you the best results!
WHAT DO I SERVE WITH THE SOUP?
After it’s all finished, top each bowl off with a scoop of ricotta cheese and a sprinkle of fresh Mozzarella cheese. Well, maybe a little more than a sprinkle if you’re like me. 😉
When I have extra time, I like to prepare my Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks to serve on the side. This way you’ll have something to clean your bowl with!
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE SLOW COOKER PASTA RECIPES!
Slow Cooker Sausage and Cheese Tortellini – Plump cheese tortellini with hearty sausage in a creamy cheese sauce.
Crock Pot Creamy Italian Chicken – A zesty and creamy chicken dish served over egg noodles.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Noodles – A simple, satisfying, and heart warming dish sure to fill you up.
Crock Pot Cheesy Ravioli – Soft and delicate raviolis slow cooked and served with a red sauce.
Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth or stock
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon beef bullion granules (or 1 cube, crushed)
- 2 cups water
- 4 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, broken in small pieces
- Ricotta cheese
- shredded Mozzarella cheese
- freshly chopped basil
- freshly chopped parsley
- Cook and crumble ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until beef is brown and onion is soft. Drain any grease. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place beef and onions in a greased 6-quart slow cooker. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Cover with lid and cook on low heat for up to 8 hours or on high heat for 4 hours.When cooking time is up turn off the heat. Keep the lid on while you separately cook the lasagna noodles.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain water. Add cooked lasagna to the soup in slow cooker and stir gently.Serve soup warm in individual bowls with desired toppings. Enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!