Taco Bites are everything you love about a taco in one delicious bite. These are a perfect appetizer to serve at your next party or on game day!
I know that it won’t come as a surprise to most of you that I’ve been over here daydreaming about tacos again. My love for them runs very deep. The Super Bowl is coming up and we have friends coming over, so I wanted to find a fun way to serve tacos for the big game. That’s when my Taco Bites idea was born. These little bites are made of tortilla scoop chips, taco meat and all your favorite taco toppings.
WHAT ARE TACO BITES?
These little bite sized snacks are easy to prepare and just as cute to boot. I was enjoying some Tostitos Scoops chips with salsa the other day when my brilliant idea struck. To get these ready grab a bag of these chips and cook up your favorite recipe for taco meat. Once the meat is fully prepared, scoop it into chips and you’re almost finished! Top them with your favorite toppings and they are ready to serve!
How easy is that?!
WHAT TOPPINGS DO I PUT ON THE BITES?
I like to have a whole variety of toppings ready to go. This way if my guests feel like customizing each bite, they can snack to their heart’s content. I like to have a countertop full of various shredded cheeses, diced tomatoes, olives, green onions, sour cream, guacamole, and salsa. Taco Bites are such a conversation starter and will have your family and friends socializing over these delicious bite sized tacos.
WHAT KIND OF MEAT SHOULD I COOK FOR THE BITES?
I like to use traditional ground beef with taco seasoning and onion. This brings a familiar flavor to the palate that everyone is sure to love. You can also try using seasoned shredded chicken or pork. For all my vegetarian friends out there, I recommend using refried beans or black beans as the base with all of the same toppings for a full and satisfying bite.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE TO SERVE AT YOUR NEXT PARTY!
Shrimp Taco Bites – Honey and lime marinated shrimp served on a bite size chip with guacamole and sour cream.
Easy Churro Bites – Cinnamon and sugar-coated churro bites that are best dunked in warm chocolate.
Monte Cristo Croissants – Little ham and muenster cheese sandwiches wrapped in crescent dough.
Ham and Cheese Sliders – Single serving ham and Swiss cheese sandwiches with a buttery mustard and poppy seed topping.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 bag Tostitos Scoops tortilla chops
- sour cream
- chunky salsa
- shredded cheese
- sliced green onion
- Cook ground beef and chopped onion, in a large non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until beef is no longer pink. Drain any grease.
- Add taco seasoning, garlic powder and water to beef. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Let simmer until water evaporates and mixture is heated through; about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand to cool slightly.
- Place scoops tortilla chips on a large platter. Scoop one tablespoon of meat onto each scoop chip, then top with desired taco toppings. Serve immediately and enjoy!