I think it’s safe to say this is my favorite salad ever. It is beyond delicious. The flavors and textures were just meant to be. Grilled chicken, barbecue sauce, black beans, corn and crunchy tortilla strips… Oh, and lettuce. Don’t forget the lettuce. This is a salad after all and it’s a party on a plate. 😉
This yummy salad comes together in hardly any time. I make it for easy lunches and dinners a lot. We like to mix together equal parts barbecue sauce and ranch dressing to serve as the dressing. It makes it even more amazing!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 hearts Romaine lettuce, rinsed and chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 oz.) bag frozen corn, cooked
- 1 cup Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Tortilla strips
- Ranch dressing
- Barbecue sauce
- In a large non-stick skillet, over medium heat, add 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Cook chicken for 5 minutes on each side, or until thoroughly cooked in the center. Remove from skillet and place on a chopping board. Let rest a few minutes then cut in 1-inch pieces.
- To assemble the salad, place chopped romaine lettuce in a large bowl; top with chicken, beans, corn, cheese, onion and cilantro. Pour Ranch dressing and BBQ sauce on top of the salad and gently toss to combine. Divide salad among 4 to 6 bowls.
- Top with tortilla strips and serve!
- Serves 4 to 6