I have a few delicious 4th of July recipe ideas to share with you all! I will be posting them over the next week. This first one is so easy, you will laugh, and you will LOVE it! Who doesn’t love a yummy BBQ Beef sandwich!? Okay, well maybe a vegetarian doesn’t, but you know what I mean. My Mom used to make these all the time for Sunday family dinners. Feel free to use a pork roast instead if you like it more than beef.
Sweet BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Delicious shredded beef with a sweet and savory barbecue flavor. Serve inside hamburger buns for one delicious sandwich!
Write a review
- 2 pounds Beef Roast ( I used a Rump roast )
- 12 ounces Root Beer ( not diet )
- 1 (18 oz) bottle of your favorite Barbecue Sauce
- 8 Hamburger Buns
- Place roast in the crock pot. Pour the root beer all over the roast. Cover with lid and cook on Low heat 10 to12 hours. OR cook on High heat 6 to 7 hours.
- Carefully drain root beer from crock pot. Shred roast and remove any fat. Place shredded roast back in crock pot. Pour the barbecue sauce all over the meat. Stir. Cover with lid and cook 1 more hour or until heated through.
- Serve in hamburger buns.
Life In The Lofthouse http://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/