French Onion Chicken Casserole is a creamy dish filled with noodles, tender chicken and topped with crispy fried onions. This comforting casserole is easy to make, full of flavor and sure to become a new family favorite!
If you’re looking for a simple weeknight dinner, then look no further. It doesn’t get much better than my French Onion Chicken Casserole!
It comes together fast and is crazy delicious. What’s more comforting than a pan filled with all things creamy, tender and ridiculously yummy!?
This amazing dish can be ready in just 30 minutes flat! Not only is it super easy, but it’s also impressive enough to serve to guests for a nice dinner. Serve it with a side salad or green veggie and it’s the perfect comforting meal!
If you like meals you can make in advance then that’s just one more thing to love about this casserole. It can be prepared up until the baking point. Instead of baking, cover it tightly with saran wrap or tinfoil. Place in the fridge up to 24 hours before baking. When you’re ready for it, just pop it in the oven, uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until warmed through. 🙂
Get ready for everyone to love this dish. It is definitely a favorite at my house!
WHAT TO SERVE ON THE SIDE?
Parmesan Roasted Broccoli– broccoli florets tossed in garlic and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Oven-Roasted Asparagus- asparagus that is lightly seasoned and baked in the oven to get a slight crispiness.
Baked Parmesan Zucchini- sliced zucchini covered in Parmesan cheese and filled with Italian flavor.
Fabulous French Bread– homemade bread that is soft and fluffy on the inside with a crispy golden crust.
Condensed soup- not a fan of canned cream soups? Try my Homemade Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup! It is delicious. Keep in mind you will only need twenty ounces of it.
More greens– instead of serving a side of veggies, why not toss it right in the casserole? Green beans, peas or broccoli are all great options.
Creamier- you can add in sour cream, Greek yogurt or milk to give this an even creamier consistency.
Vegetarian- this casserole can easily be made meatless. Substitute the chicken for mushrooms and you will be in heaven!
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
This stays good covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
LOVE THE FLAVOR OF ONION? TAKE A LOOK AT THESE OTHER ONION INSPIRED DISHES!
Crispy Onion Chicken– tender chicken full of flavor from creamy honey mustard and crispy fried onions.
French Onion Beef Casserole– a delicious casserole filled with beef, French onion dip and noodles.
French Onion Burger– juicy and delicious burgers topped with caramelized onions and provolone cheese.
French Onion Dip– a creamy dip packed full of onion flavor.
French Onion Chicken Casserole
- 10 ounces dried egg noodles
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in 1-inch pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cans (10.75 ounces, each) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Lay's French Onion Dip (or 15 ounces homemade French Onion Dip)
- 1 cup crispy fried onions (I use French's fried onions)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with non-stick spray.Cook egg noodles in a large pot of water, according to package directions. Drain. Cover and set aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook chicken until no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper. Add both soups and French onion dip to chicken in the skillet. Stir together to combine. Gently fold in cooked egg noodles to mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle fried onions evenly over the top.Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley, if desired.Serve warm and enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!