Mexican Pizza is filled with seasoned ground beef, beans, cheese and enchilada sauce stuffed between two golden flour tortillas. These are a delicious twist on traditional pizza!
Love pizza? Try these other delicious pizza recipes: Chicken Taco Pizza, Taco Pizza, Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Pizza and Sheet Pan Chicken Alfredo Pizza.
The first time I ate a Mexican Pizza was at Taco Bell back when I was a teen. I thought they were the yummiest things in the world!
Mexican Pizza is filled with seasoned ground beef, cheese, enchilada sauce all packed between two flour tortillas. They taste amazing and are a fun twist on traditional pizza!
Taco Bell reminds me of my Dad. haha. Seriously. When my parents divorced my Dad would pick up my sisters, brother and I and take us out to dinner on Tuesday and Thursday nights. I always looked forward to it. Dad’s idea of a good dinner for his five kids was Taco Bell! I would always order two soft tacos and a small Pepsi. I thought it was the greatest dinner ever. 🙂
Now as an adult, I do continue to love Taco Bell but I know I can make it one million times better at home. So if you love the Mexican Pizzas at Taco Bell then I dare you to try making this incredible homemade version. They are so delicious and super easy to make!
Seasoned ground beef, enchilada sauce and cheese stuffed between two golden flour tortillas. These will be a hit with the whole family!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1 ounce packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 medium-size flour tortillas
- 1 16 ounce can refried beans
- 1 16 ounce can red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper-jack cheese
- 1 to mato diced
- 1 green onion diced
- 1 small can sliced olives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Take 2 baking sheets and spray them with non-stick spray. Place 3 tortillas on each baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes, carefully flip tortillas over while they’re still in the oven (*don’t burn yourself please*) and then bake another 5 minutes to crisp on the other side. You want tortillas a slight golden color and crispy. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain grease. Add taco seasoning and water. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Stir and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the refried beans until warmed through. Spread a thin layer of beans on one tortilla. Top with 1/3 of the meat mixture. Place another tortilla on top of the meat. Spread 3 Tablespoons of enchilada sauce on top of the top tortilla. Sprinkle with some cheddar cheese and pepper-jack cheese. Add a few dices of tomato, green onion and olives.
- Repeat process with the remaining tortillas. You will have 3 Mexican pizzas total.
- Place pizzas on the baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy ♥