Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff is filled with savory beef and tender noodles in a mushroom gravy. It is a delicious dinner for any night of the week!
I believe the first time I tried Beef Stroganoff as a kid was from one of those hamburger helper boxes. haha. I actually loved it! But I guess I didn’t know any better. It was what Mom could afford and I am grateful for that.
Now that my love of cooking is bigger than ever before I have tried a lot of different homemade versions of beef stroganoff. This one here –> Easy Beef Stroganoff is the recipe I make my family all the time. I always serve it with corn and my kiddos eat it right up! 🙂
Although that recipe is our favorite, I thought it was high time to find a slow cooker version. I found a few of them and tweaked them into my own and it turned out totally amazing!
Let me say one thing before I keep on going. I do NOT add mushrooms to my beef stroganoff. If my husband or kids saw a mushroom in anything I cooked they would run a mile away. haha. No, seriously they would. 😉
I know that classic beef stroganoff has mushrooms. If you would like them you can add about 8 ounces to one pound of mushrooms in with the beef at the beginning. Easy peasy!
If you are not a fan of mushrooms, like the Lofthouse family, then leave them out and you will still love this delicious slow cooker recipe! It could not be any easier.
MORE SLOW COOKER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced (optional)
- 2 packets (1 ounce, each) Lipton onion soup mix
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 container (16 ounces) sour cream
- 5 ounces chive and onion cream cheese
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- black pepper to taste
- 12 ounces cooked egg noodles
- Spray the inside of a large slow cooker with cooking spray. ( I use a 7 quart size slow cooker).
- Place the stew meat, mushrooms (if using), onion soup mix, beef broth and Worcestershire sauce in slow cooker. Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 5 to 6 hours.
- In a medium bowl combine sour cream, cream cheese and heavy whipping cream. Whisk to combine then stir in to meat mixture. Season with a little pepper.
- Cover with lid and let it warm up for another 20 minutes.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles and enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!