Soft and Chewy M&M Cookies are melt-in-your-mouth delicious. These colorful and flavorful cookies will put a smile on everyone’s face!
You may have seen this style of cookie in the baked goods section at your grocery store. If you’re thinking of going out to buy a box, I’ve got one word for you: STOP! This recipe is so easy to make and is way better than anything you could get at the store. Store-bought M&M cookies will be a thing of the past.
It’s safe to say M&Ms are most everyone’s favorite candies. Whether it’s classic, peanut, or peanut butter M&Ms, you’re bound to have a favorite. I personally love the new brownie ones. They are so good!
Once you combine these perfect little chocolate pieces with a freshly baked cookie you’ll be in heaven. You won’t be able to eat just one!
I love to make these for birthday parties. Soft and Chewy M&M Cookies are a crowd pleaser that add a ton of color to the snack tray. I also love to make these on holidays. I just use the seasonal M&M’s. It’s an easy way to make it a versatile treat that’s perfect for any occasion!
WHAT KIND OF M&MS SHOULD I USE?
I recommend using Classic M&Ms, but you can always substitute your favorite kind into the cookie dough!
WHAT SIZE SHOULD I MEASURE OUT EACH COOKIE?
I use a standard size cookie scoop when I make cookies. This will ensure evenly sized cookies.
CAN I FREEZE THE COOKIE DOUGH?
Absolutely! Try freezing the dough to bake on another day.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE CLASSIC CANDY INSPIRED TREATS!
S’mores Cookies – Soft cookies filled with marshmallows, chocolate chips, and graham cracker crumbs.
Oreo Pudding Poke Cake – A sweet and dense cake with an Oreo crumble and whipped cream topping.
Twix Cookies – Soft and buttery thumbprint cookies with a caramel topping and chocolate drizzle.
Homemade Oreo Cookies – Large soft chocolate cookies with a sweet cream cheese frosting filling.
Soft and Chewy M&M Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I use the Guittard milk chocolate baking chips)
- 1 ¼ cups classic M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat non-stick mats.
- Using an electric mixer, in a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars until combined. The mixture will look grainy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.Gradually, add in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined on low speed. Cookie dough will start to form. Be careful not to over mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and M&M’s until combined.
- Using a standard size cookie scoop, scoop dough onto the prepared baking sheets, at least an inch apart. I put 15 cookies on each baking sheet.Press additional M&Ms on top and slightly press down with your hand.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until a light golden brown. Remove from oven. Let cookies cool on the baking sheets. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe and photos updated: 9/7/21
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!