A warm baked dessert with fresh strawberries and a soft cookie crust. My Strawberry Cobbler recipe is what summer daydreams are made of.
Summer is packed with so many flavorful fruits. It is one of the best seasons to reach out and incorporate into the kitchen what mother nature provides. One of my absolute favorite fruits is strawberries. They’re red, plump, juicy, and the perfect ingredient for my Strawberry Cobbler recipe. Once you try it you’ll be craving this warm dessert even in the heat of the summer.
Some people view cobbler as a fall treat and others a summer one. I am on both sides! I love a gooey, warm cobbler in the cooler months, but I also can’t imagine not enjoying cobbler at a summer campout. It’s actually a summer tradition of ours at most camping adventures we go on. We just cook it in the dutch oven instead of a baking pan. 🙂
Slice 3 cups of fresh strawberries and spread them evenly on a prepared baking dish. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar over the top of strawberries. In a large mixing bowl beat together sugar and butter with an electric mixer. Add in flour, baking powder, salt, egg, and vanilla until everything is combined. Spread crust over the top of strawberries evenly and bake. The aroma of this dessert will have your kids coming in outside asking, “What are you making?!”
Strawberry Cobbler is a warm dessert that will crumble and melt in your mouth. Pair this with a big scoop of your favorite vanilla bean ice cream to send your taste buds into nirvana. (Eating it with ice cream is the only way to do it. In my opinion!)
This dessert is what summer happiness is all about!
HOW LONG DOES THE COBBLER KEEP IN THE FRIDGE?
Strawberry Cobbler keeps well covered and refrigerated for about 3 days.
CAN I USE FROZEN STRAWBERRIES?
I recommended using fresh, but frozen is acceptable. Make sure to thaw the fruit completely before baking to avoid excess water.
CAN I USE ANOTHER FRUIT INSTEAD OF STRAWBERRIES?
Yes! I recommend looking at other seasonal fruits like cherries or peaches.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? CHECK OUT THESE OTHER SUMMER STYLE DESSERTS!
Fried Ice Cream Dessert – A dreamy cinnamon ice cream combo with a quick-fry pan crust.
S’mores Cookies – Soft chewy cookies filled with gooey marshmallows, rich chocolate, and graham cracker crumbles.
Chocolate Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting – Fresh baked chocolate cupcakes topped with creamy strawberry frosting and fresh strawberries.
Strawberry Chocolate Pound Cake Trifle – Layers of pound cake, fresh strawberries, whipped cream, and chocolate.
- 3 cups sliced strawberries highly recommend fresh strawberries, not frozen
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 cup granulated sugar divided
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2 quart baking dish with non-stick spray.Spread the 3 cups sliced strawberries out in a single layer in prepared dish. Sprinkle tops of strawberries with 2 Tablespoons sugar.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric hand-mixer, beat the remaining 1 cup sugar and softened butter together until combined.Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix. Then add in egg and vanilla. Continue to beat and mix together until just combined. (Batter will be the consistency of cookie dough batter.)Using a spatula, carefully spread batter over the tops of strawberries. Try to spread out as evenly as you can and covering most of the strawberries. (I use my hands to help spread it too.)
- Bake, uncovered, for about 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!