Tortellini Alfredo has rich and creamy homemade Alfredo sauce poured over cheese-filled tortellini! This incredible meal takes hardly any time to prepare. As a result, you can get dinner on the table fast with this delicious recipe!
I can safely say Alfredo sauce is the most popular pasta topping at my house. My kids could drink the stuff if I let them. But I don’t. haha Over the years I have came up with my own homemade Alfredo sauce that can’t be beat. It’s rich, creamy and absolutely delicious.
One of our favorite ways to eat Alfredo sauce is over cheese filled tortellini. It is pasta perfection in so many ways. I use fresh refrigerator tortellini you can find at most grocery stores, so it makes this recipe that much easier to make. I also believe that using fresh tortellini tastes much better than frozen tortellini.
What I think makes my Alfredo recipe extra delicious is the secret ingredient I use in it- Chive and Onion Cream Cheese. Oh yes. It gives the sauce a new level of richness and flavor. It is divine!
I also should emphasize the ease of this Tortellini Alfredo recipe. It can be made in 30 minutes tops and has only 6 ingredients total! It’s perfect for those weeknights where everyone is busy but needs something delicious on the table. 🙂
MORE ALFREDO RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
- 2 packages (9 ounces, each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 4 ounces Chive and Onion cream cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large pot of salted water, cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain water.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet, add butter, heavy cream and cream cheese. Stir and simmer until butter and cream cheese has melted.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Turn heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes or until thick and creamy.
- Pour cooked, drained tortellini into skillet. Gently stir to coat pasta. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Enjoy!