Baked Parmesan Zucchini is freshly sliced zucchini covered in Parmesan cheese and filled with Italian flavor. It’s the perfect side dish to add to any meal!
Baked Parmesan Zucchini is freshly sliced zucchini covered in Parmesan cheese and full of Italian flavor. It’s the perfect side dish to add to any meal or to have as an afternoon snack. Whichever you prefer, you can be sure it’s going to be love at first bite! 🙂
While I do love zucchini prepared any way, whether that be sautéed, or in cookies, or made as a beef enchilada boat, I must admit that this baked version is my favorite. You just can’t go wrong with zucchini that is oven roasted to perfection.
Baking the zucchini means it comes out both crisp and tender, and the parmesan coating used in this recipe leaves a crispy outer edge that is absolutely to die for. You can also get the same effect from an air fryer, so if you’d rather use that then feel free to do so! The zucchini will still come out tasting just as heavenly.
Though it may taste otherwise, this zucchini recipe is actually on the healthier side. Only a few clean and simple ingredients are used to create this addictive and tasty dish. All you need is some grated parmesan cheese and a small array of herbs and spices, making this the perfect side dish for any 30 minute meal.
These Baked Parmesan Zucchinis are extra delicious dipped into some ranch or a chipotle-mayo sauce. Whatever way you choose to eat them, you can be sure that the whole pan will be devoured in no time!
MORE DELICIOUS VEGGIES YOU MAY LIKE:
Baked Parmesan Zucchini
- 4 medium zucchini quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese ( I use powdered Parmesan cheese in the cans)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Rinse and dry zucchini. Cut zucchini into quarters lengthwise.In a small bowl, whisk together grated Parmesan cheese, thyme, oregano, basil, parsely, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place zucchini onto prepared baking sheet. Spray the tops of zucchini with non-stick spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan mixture. Place into oven and bake 15 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!