Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes and Gravy will pair well with virtually any dinner. The potatoes and gravy are so creamy and have just the right amount of garlic flavor!
I have yet to meet a potato that I didn’t like. I love potatoes of all shapes, sizes, and all styles of preparations. Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes and Gravy might just be at the top of that list! This recipe will turn your favorite spuds into a delicious bowl of creamy mashed potato goodness that is drowning in a sea of gravy.
My husband, Kale, absolutely loved garlic mashed potatoes. When we go out to our favorite date spot, he is guaranteed to order them every single time. It only took me a couple of times to see how excited he gets when they come to the table to realize I should be making these at home. I am happy to report that these Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes and Gravy are 100% husband approved!
This recipe is one of my favorites to make as a side for our Sunday dinners. A large bowl of mashed potatoes on the dinner table just feels like home to me. Pair this recipe with my Perfect Pot Roast recipe for a quintessential family meal.
WHAT KIND OF POTATOES SHOULD I USE?
I recommend using russet, yellow, or Yukon golds.
CAN I USE ANOTHER STYLE OF GRAVY?
I prefer these with the gravy recipe as is, but you can replace the chicken bouillon cubes for beef ones if you would like a brown gravy instead.
SHOULD I PEEL THE POTATOES?
For a smooth and creamy texture peel your potatoes. If you prefer a little more texture keep the skins on a few potatoes.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE FAVORITES!
Loaded Chicken and Potato Casserole – Seasoned potatoes and chicken baked together with cheese, bacon and topped with green onions.
Taco Potatoes – Baked potatoes topped with taco meat, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, and cheese.
Twice Baked Potato Casserole – Creamy mashed potatoes baked and topped with cheese and bacon.
Loaded Baked Potato Soup – A hearty and delicious potato soup topped with bacon, cheese and green onions.
Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
- 2 ½ pounds russet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 3 chicken bullion cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- For Potatoes: Boil potatoes in a large pot of salted water until fork tender. Drain water.
- Place potatoes back in pot. Mash with a potato masher or electric hand-mixer until smooth and creamy. Stir in butter, milk and sour cream. Add Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- For Gravy: Melt butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk together for about one minute or until golden-brown. Whisk in water, milk, crushed bullion cubes and pepper. Stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and continue to stir until thickened.
- Serve over mashed potatoes. Enjoy!