Marshmallow popcorn is a yummy and gooey popcorn treat that is perfect for movie nights!
We have ‘movie night’ at our house, a few times a month. We thought it would be a fun little tradition to do for our kiddos. Each time we let one of them pick the movie, and then we’ll make a quick treat and settle into the family room.
A few weeks ago, I saw this Marshmallow Popcorn on Pinterest and knew it would be perfect for movie night! It was SO yummy, and very easy to make. Kelsey had a good idea, and said we should make it into popcorn balls and add black and orange sprinkles for Halloween. She said, “Mom, we could hand them out to our neighbors!”
I loved her idea! Looks like we’ll be handing out popcorn balls this Halloween 🙂
- 1 1/2 bags standard size plain microwave popcorn, popped
- 1 stick butter
- 1 10 ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Spread popped popcorn onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Remove any unpopped kernels.
- Place butter, marshmallows and brown sugar in a large microwavable bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir to combine, and then microwave another 30-60 seconds, until it’s all melted.
- Pour hot marshmallow mixture over the popcorn and mix. (It is very sticky! Try spraying a spatula with non-stick spray to use when you mix it)
- Let stand about 10-20 minutes for marshmallow mixture to set slightly.
- Serve and enjoy! ♥