A heavenly combination of peppermint flavor and rich chocolate come together to create these Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies. They have a warm, gooey center and slightly crisp edges that results in the perfect cookie!
I decided to break out one of my favorite cookie recipes: Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies! These are seriously one of my favorites, they taste just like you’re digging into a bowl of mint chip ice cream, but in the form of a warm, gooey, buttery cookie. They are so easy to make and come together in no time at all, making them the perfect treat to make for Christmas, St. Patrick’s Day, or any random day of the week.
The fresh minty flavor from the peppermint extract and the rich chocolate chips compliment one another in the most divine way. Not only is the flavor on point, but so is the texture! After baking in the oven, all of the chocolate in the dough becomes warm and melty resulting in a tender cookie filled with gooey chocolate goodness. Is your mouth watering yet?
To really bring out the mint flavor, I also used some creme de menthe baking chips in the dough! This ensures that every bite is filled with that decadent mint chocolate flavoring. Because who doesn’t love a nice green cookie studded with sinfully addictive chocolate mints? I know I sure do.
If you love mint just as much as I do, then my Shamrock Shake, Thin Mint Chocolate Poke Cake, and Brownie Cookies with Mint Frosting are a few other desserts that will definitely leave your palate pleased.
INGREDIENTS FOR MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
With only 7 ingredients you know this recipe is going to be a simple one!
- Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix: an easy, hassle-free way to still produce delicious cookies.
- Butter: make sure to soften butter before adding it into the batter mixture.
- Peppermint extract: what gives the cookies that fresh minty flavor.
- An egg: only 1 egg is needed to help the cookies take form.
- Green food coloring: to give the cookies that enticing bright green coloring.
- Creme de menthe baking chips: for extra mint and chocolate flavor in every bite.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips: what chocolate chip cookie is complete without the chocolate chips?
DO YOU HAVE TO USE A SUGAR COOKIE MIX?
Not at all! If you would prefer to make a basic homemade cookie batter from scratch you totally can. The only reason I use a boxed mix is for the ease that comes along with it.
HOW TO MAKE MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
These cookies are probably one of the easiest cookie recipes you’ve ever made! Simply mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl, scoop onto a baking sheet, bake, and out comes a warm and gooey cookie!
- Place the cookie mix, softened butter, peppermint extract, egg, and food coloring into a large bowl and mix until a soft dough is formed.
- Stir in the baking and chocolate chips.
- Take a small cookie scoop and scoop batter out onto a baking sheet keeping them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cookies have just set.
- Take cookies out of the oven and let them cool for 3 minutes.
- Once cooled, serve and enjoy!
CAN YOU FREEZE MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES?
You certainly can! Just make sure to place them in an airtight container when freezing and they’ll last for up to a month. Another way to freeze them is to shape the cookie dough into balls, place onto a baking sheet, and place into the freezer. Once they’ve frozen into a ball form, you can place them into a zip lock bag and place them back into the freezer for up to a month.
HOW LONG DO MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES LAST?
If freezing them, they can last for up to a month. If placing them in an airtight container at room temperature, they can last for up to 3 days.
Other tasty cookie recipes you have to try!
- The Best Sugar Cookies: soft and delicious sugar cookies topped with a fluffy pink buttercream frosting.
- Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies: incredibly soft chocolate chip cookies made with vanilla pudding mix.
- Twix Cookies: soft and buttery thumbprint cookies topped with sweet caramel and a milk chocolate drizzle.
- Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies: chewy, melt-in-your-mouth red velvet cookies with a light sprinkling of powdered sugar.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 pouch (1 lb. 1.5 ounces) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 egg
- 8 drops green food color
- 1 cup creme de menthe baking chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, mint extract, egg and food coloring until a soft dough forms. Stir in the creme de menthe baking chips and chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop or Tablespoon, drop onto an un-greased cookie sheet, placing 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 minutes or until set. Cool 3 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm or cool completely. Store tightly covered at room temperature.