Crunchwrap Supremes are loaded with seasoned ground beef, nacho cheese, sour cream, lettuce and tomato all wrapped inside a large flour tortilla. There is a corn tortilla hidden inside that gives it that crunch we all love!
I have a small confession to make. I love Taco Bell. 🙂 We don’t eat there very often, but when we do it’s the Crunchwrap Supremes I order every time. Have you ever had one? Well let me fill you in if you haven’t…
Crunchwrap Supremes are loaded with seasoned ground beef, nacho cheese, sour cream, lettuce and tomato all wrapped inside a large flour tortilla. There is a corn tortilla hidden inside that gives it that crunch we all love! These wraps are amazing, naughty, and worth every calorie! 😉
This copycat version of these Crunchwrap Supremes I’ve had pinned on one of my Pinterest food boards forever. I was so excited to finally try them.
To say these were delicious would be a big understatement. They were amazing, packed full of flavor and actually better than the original, in my opinion. And so very simple to make. My family totally loved them too! I know these will be something I make often when we are in the mood for a fun Mexican food night!
MORE RESTAURANT COPYCAT RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Crunchwrap Supreme (Copycat)
Author: Life in the Lofthouse
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 jar nacho cheese (or Queso cheese dip)
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 6 tostada shells or corn tortillas
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- cooking spray
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook and crumble the ground beef and onion until beef is no longer pink. Drain grease. Stir in the taco seasoning mix, water and garlic. Continue to cook until it starts to boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Warm the nacho cheese sauce or queso cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Place the flour tortillas on a large plate. Microwave for 20 seconds to warm them.
- Lay one flour tortilla on a flat surface. Spread ½ cup of taco meat onto the center of the tortilla. Drizzle a couple Tablespoons of nacho cheese over the meat. Top meat with one tostada shell or crispy corn tortilla *see notes below. Spread a thin layer of sour cream over the tostada shell. Top with lettuce, tomato and shredded Mexican cheese.
- To fold the crunch wrap, start with the bottom of the flour tortilla and fold the edge up over the center. Continue to work your way around, folding the flour tortilla over the center fillings. There will be a spot left open in the center; cut a piece of another flour tortilla and tuck it in the center, so it's fully covered.
- Repeat with all remaining tortillas, tostadas and fillings. You'll have 6 crunch wraps total.
- Spray a large, non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Place one crunchwrap seam-side down onto the skillet. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden-brown. Carefully, flip over and cook other side until golden-brown. Repeat process with all crunch wraps. Serve immediately.
*If using corn tortillas, heat oven to 400° F. Place corn tortillas on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until crispy.