This Taco French Bread Pizza is simple to make and so delicious! It has all of the flavors of a taco transformed into a pizza. This easy recipe is a weeknight dinner win!
I transformed my family’s favorite pizza into a super simplified version. Here my friends, is Taco French Bread Pizza! Ready in less than 30 minutes and sure to satisfy everyone’s taste buds you feed it to, and that is a promise!
It’s so nice and convenient using French bread when I want pizza, but don’t feel like making dough. The options are endless when it comes to toppings! We are Mexican food lovers to the core, so I knew adding refried beans, seasoned ground beef and loads of cheese would be amazing, and it definitely was.
This French bread pizza is a new favorite at our house. I can already predict we’ll be making a lot of these. Yum!
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Chicken Taco Pizza
BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza
Stuffed French Bread
Sheet Pan Chicken Alfredo Pizza
Taco French Bread Pizza
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 packet (1 ounce) taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I use Colby and Monterey Jack cheese)
- 1 small tomato diced
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced black olives
- 2 green onions sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 375 F°. Brown ground beef in a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Drain grease. Add taco seasoning to the ground beef according to package directions. Simmer for 10 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Slice French bread in half lengthwise. Place both halves cut side up on a large greased cookie sheet.
- Place refried beans into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until warm. Stir well and then spread beans evenly over the top of French bread halves.Top beans evenly with the cooked ground beef mixture, sprinkle with cheese and then add the tomatoes, black olives and green onion.
- Bake, uncovered, 12 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
29 thoughts on “Taco French Bread Pizza”
I’m hungry and don’t want to make this myself but I’ll save this recipe. It looks so good.
This was a big hit last night with my family. Everyone came back for seconds. Even my two year old son.
Do I have to add refried beans
Looks delish! Have you ever tried to freeze any of your french bread recipes?
Made this tonight and everyone loved it! I used my homemade beans which added even more flavor.
I made this last night and it was a huge hit in our house! Thanks for the recipe!
Yay! glad you loved it!
Have you ever tried to freeze any of your pizzas (french bread or regular)?
This was a hit. Super easy to make. Thank you.
Made it family and friends loved it ty
Loved this. So quick and easy to make and I always have the ingredients on hand. I froze half of it before baking and it worked out fine. I just wrapped it in foil and when I went to use it I took it out and put it straight into the oven on a baking sheet, frozen. I unwrapped it half way through so it would get a nice crunch.
This is SOOOO good. Do you know how many calories are in this pizza?
I make a version of this, and I have to say I like your recipe better.
My family is mainly VEGETARIAN But even with the SUBSTITUTE it iS a new staple thanks for SHARING this <3 <3
My family has been making This for years with one small change…replace the french loaf with pilsbury crescent roLls. Just lay them out flat on a cookie sheet and cook them as normal. Then decoRate and put them back in the melt the cheese.
MAde this for my family tonight and it was a hit. They want me to make this again. Thank You for this recipe.